Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: sea kittens?!?! PETA latest campaign

Exclamation sea kittens?!?! PETA latest campaign

Just come across a story on the c/mail website about PETA's latest campaign. They have decide to rename fish sea kittens because people wouldn't want to harm a sea kitten. It's hilarious if you want to have a look. Not sure how to post the link but I'll give a small quote. Ahem.." Would people think twice about ordering fish sticks if they were called sea kitten sticks?" The site is complete with cartoon type "sea kittens" telling bedtime stories and an appeal to the U.S. fish and game authority to ban the hunting of "sea kittens"..
    Funny but oddly disturbing at the same time.....
    Cheers..................Terry................

Re: sea kittens?!?! PETA latest campaign

Here is the link - http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

Her are a few of "words of wisdom" from these clowns - Contrary to popular belief, the technical term for sea kitten offspring is "baby sea kitties," not "caviar." Many sea kittens build nests where they can raise their baby sea kitties, and others collect small rocks off the sea floor to make widdle hiding pwaces where they can rest. Contrary to popular belief, the technical term for sea kitten offspring is "baby sea kitties," not "caviar." Many sea kittens build nests where they can raise their baby sea kitties, and others collect small rocks off the sea floor to make widdle hiding pwaces where they can rest.

Mike

these people are full of complete and utter crap..quote from them:

People don't seem to like fish. They're slithery and slimy, and they have eyes on either side of their pointy little heads—which is weird, to say the least. Plus, the small ones nibble at your feet when you're swimming, and the big ones—well, the big ones will bite your face off if Jaws is anything to go by.
    Of course, if you look at it another way, what all this really means is that fish need to fire their PR guy—stat. Whoever was in charge of creating a positive image for fish needs to go right back to working on the Britney Spears account and leave our scaly little friends alone. You've done enough damage, buddy. We've got it from here. And we're going to start by retiring the old name for good. When your name can also be used as a verb that means driving a hook through your head, it's time for a serious image makeover. And who could possibly want to put a hook through a sea kitten?

so a name change gets rid of the slithery and slimy and eyes on the pointy head bit..amazing. I wonder if we can change Charles Manson's name to Pope Charles..all will be good then ?

Lots of people love their cats and kittens (dog person here) and they think they are cute and cuddly. But now, wait for the advertising:

Snappy Tom...FULLY OF SEA KITTY FOR YOUR KITTY
    Whisks...ONLY THE BEST SEA KITTY CAUGHT IN THE BEST SEA KITTY OCEANS

or...IT IS THE SEA KITTY THAT JOHN WEST REJECTS.......

Notice how they have depicted their sea kitty's as cute lil creature similar to those in animated films..Disney and Co have a lot to answer for..making out that animals can talk and are all warm and cuddly.

HOW ABOUT THIS IDEA...we make a really warm ands fuzzy film about plants..merrily chatting away..swaying in the breeze..rollicking in the rain as it falls.....then (insert sinister music here)..the cries of anguish and agony as the plants are picked and stacked on top of each other in a huge bin...the agonising cries will make anyone cringe..PETA members may not eat plants then..and the buggers will starve.

Are these the same kitties that grow up and eat all our wildlife
    The ones that go wild an grow to about 2ft heigh
    The same ones the rspca has to put down because no one wants

ps does this mean i can use them as live bait

I will enjoy my crumbed sea kitten fillets just as much thanks.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

WTF! This is going to mess with the new fishing name regulations. How will we know when we're ordering our next piece of Burmese and chips if it's really Burmese or just Vietnamese moggy?

For more utter crap check this out

http://www.peta.org/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=1

Well I for one am going to treat them as kittens and all you redneck Queenslanders wake up to yerselves and start to become a bit more sympathetic to our scaley marine bretheren,.......Can someone please tell me how to gut shoot fish at 100m

I have looked at the site and there are options, hard to find, but can be done.

There is a " idea for a campaign " icon.

I clicked that and proposed an idea....................

awaiting a response.........................

Phill

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

So does this mean all fish returned need to be done so in accordance with solid kitten/water tradition? Sheesh i take enough regulated stuff offshore with me, now i am going to need a pile of hessian bags too!! already carry the zip ties

cheers fnq

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I have looked at the site and there are options, hard to find, but can be done.

There is a " idea for a campaign " icon.

I clicked that and proposed an idea....................

awaiting a response.........................

Phill

Where do you find that section Phil?

Quote Originally Posted by sandbankmagnet View Post
    WTF! This is going to mess with the new fishing name regulations. How will we know when we're ordering our next piece of Burmese and chips if it's really Burmese or just Vietnamese moggy?
    Hey sandbank i have a siamese and a ginger but i think it would be hard to tell with crumbs and batter on them but they want us to call fish by there right names too so my sea kittens are zinzan and samuel so i will ask for a serve of that next time at the kitten and chip shop

shane

Ah Ha I knew it! I've always said that cats make good crab bait. Suspicion now confirmed thanks peta.

Dave
    Avast ye matey!

They are great for shark bait too Dave. Don't they stir the water up when you whack a big stainless hook in the livies. - self burley too.

Can someone please tell me how to gut shoot fish at 100m
    Same method as baby fur seals mate, wait till they come up for air and head shoot them.

Couldn't find the exact area again after 20 minutes of trying. But i did finally find this:-

http://www.peta.org/ActionCenter/submit-idea.asp

Have fun.

phill

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here