Thread: Quintrex Coast runner 485, how thick is the ally?

Quintrex Coast runner 485, how thick is the ally?

With SO many models from quintrex and going up and down in sizes I find it hard to figure out which models were made with thicker ally than the old 1.8mm stuff.

It is a 2005 model, with the engine on a pod etc. Let me know if you do. Cheers all.

Re: Quintrex Coast runner 485, how thick is the ally?

Globby ha lucky i spelt that right, i think it was Noel who posted a few days ago saying the thin hulls are pressed, which plate hulls would be thicker

You can tell pressed from plate as the pressed hulls usually have designs like a garden shed its for reinforcement more surface area in aspecific folded design f or maximum strength

Plate boats are just that flat aluminium plates welded

I believe that old hull was 3mm floor.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Globby ha lucky i spelt that right, i think it was Noel who posted a few days ago saying the thin hulls are pressed, which plate hulls would be thicker

You can tell pressed from plate as the pressed hulls usually have designs like a garden shed its for reinforcement more surface area in aspecific folded design f or maximum strength

Plate boats are just that flat aluminium plates welded
    Yes the corrugated look, but I do believe even so the pressed hulls circa 2005 on sizes above 4m etc for runabouts was 3mm "Pressed" ally? Just not sure how to confirm?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    I believe that old hull was 3mm floor.
    Hi Gunna, thanks, that is my thinking too, unfortunately there isn't much info out there for this model confirm. Unless anybody has a link to a review etc?

I'm still waiting for quintrex, have emailed 3 times now, has been 2 weeks.

Any help appreciated. Thanks all.

Ok, so this review suggests the fishseeker was 3mm bottom 2mm sides, would it likely have been the same for the coastrunner?

Id have thought so considering the fishseeker was an open tinny, the coastrunner a walk through screen runnabout with the engine mounted on a pod like platform on the back?

https://www.boatsales.com.au/editori...hseekers-9728/