Thread: Lowrance elite 5 help

Lowrance elite 5 help

i have an elite 5 and have the maps page up.

how do you get the map to adjust as you move along the map???

at the moment the map stays where the cross hairs are and only moves when you move the cross hairs. is there some thing i can turn off the get rid of the cross hairs so the map moves with the boat?

the cursor (the boat) is hard to see can you change the icon for the boat?

Dean

Re: Lowrance elite 5 help

try hitting the exit button and the crosshairs should dissappear and the ap should centre on your boat....most lowrances do this eh
    Cheers Chris

(please insert witty saying here)

Oz thanks I'll give it a try
    D

hey dean I had the same problem somone on here let me know you hit the menu button and at the top of the menu screen enter on return to vessel. then whenever you push the direction arrows the crosshairs reappear. this is good for entering waypoints as when you enter a way point it goes where the crosshairs if they are up or where the boat is its on the vessel

Yep you hit Menu and select "Return to Vessel" BTW I suggest you get the latest software from Lowrance's website as it makes a big difference and adds a trip computer
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

fishHunter
    good idea, now for the next stupid question can you down load to a sd card with a micro in it (eg like the maps??) or do you need a micro reader like it talks about on the website?? im not sure!!!!!! where can you get an empty micro card???
    Dean

You need a maximum 2gb micro sd card which will also allow you to copy your waypoints. Try Harvey Norman, Dick Smith etc or Ebay. You can also buy USb card readers which is just an adapter for your sd card. Most new computers and laptops have card readers built into them nowadays so you may already have one. The hardest part is finding a 2gb card as everyone wants huge capacity

Here is a Dick Smith one
    http://dicksmith.com.au/product/XH09...ard-usb-reader

Officeworks 2gb card
    http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail...7300%297737352
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

think im using a 8 meg card....the waypoint , trail and like files are quite small...15 to 20 k....but then about 1 gig is the smallest micro card your likely to find now...
    micro cards come with an adaptor/carrier that makes them regular sd cards as well....

be flat out finding downloadable maps... they come on highly protected cards to suit a particular sounder...as navionics are ar$$ oles....
    DO NOT copy info onto a map card.... keep it on lock so as not to by accident...as i said ar$$ oles....IMO..
    Cheers Chris

(please insert witty saying here)

thank to all down load completed

Dean