Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: People going ape over fuel prices, how are u baring the cost?

Re: People going ape over fuel prices, how are u baring the cost?

Here you go lads. World fuel prices. We sit around the middle of the pack

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

It seems the concept of working a few more hours to pay for fuel is a foreign concept to a few- we certainly cannot do anything to affect fuel prices..... Like anything in life, you want something- earn your way. I think ive had more intelligent thoughtful conversations with my god kids (10 years old)...

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by baitable View Post
    It seems the concept of working a few more hours to pay for fuel is a foreign concept to a few- we certainly cannot do anything to affect fuel prices..... Like anything in life, you want something- earn your way. I think ive had more intelligent thoughtful conversations with my god kids (10 years old)...

[/QUOTE]Work for it...get out of here with your common sense....can't we just increase the dole payment amount to cover it

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Went past a 7-11 seen the sign $1.94 per litre for 91 unleaded same price at Caltex/Ampol holly shit, its only the little independant guys that are within reason at $1.47

I can still fill up at $1.94 but thats about $20 extra from a already high priced day
    buy when prices are down .

i have a few 20lt jerrys that I fill if prices are sharp

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

There’s no doubt in my mind we are being ripped off. If you go back to the late 90’s, the average retail margin was about 4 cents a litre. Smaller suburban servos we’re closing down because they just didn’t have the volume to be sustainable. I hear the average retail margin is now close to 20 cents litre. Notice how many new servos are been constructed in the past few years and older ones have received face lifts. Tells me that there is money being made. Will be interesting to see what fallout there is as electric vehicles become more common. I won’t be feeling too sorry for those that don’t survive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And the motoring groups like RACQ up here have been hoodwinked by the fuel companies, a recent article they posted said that at $84 a barrel it is the highest we have had to pay for oil, yet in 2012 I think it was up to $120 for a while yet we paid significantly less at the pump. The other thing that annoys me is that they quote "The cycle is on the up, fill up now" etc. This is plain BS, no other commodity has such a cycle, it is something the fuel companies started and the motoring bodies just repeat it. Also they quote what is a "fair price" , as far as I can see it is just the low average median for an area rather than a calculated "fair price".

And the govt is never going to do a thing about it. the GST alone is worth abstaining from any action.

Ok, had my rant, back to a beer and watch some fishing show as it's pissing down rain here.

Quote Originally Posted by baitable View Post

[/QUOTE]

Same as the fellas putting 400-100 liters of fuel in their boats, they aint sitting at home typing on fishnet complaining about fuel prices
    they are out working what ever it is that allows them those toys.

and fuel is the only part of the cost of boat ownership and a days fishing

Same as the fellas putting 400-100 liters of fuel in their boats, they aint sitting at home typing on fishnet complaining about fuel prices

and fuel is the only part of the cost of boat ownership and a days fishing[/QUOTE]

And there's a lot of them that write it off on tax or have company fuel cards, seen it done many times. Plus many are FIFO workers who earn considerably more than the average joe bloe and the price means little to them (know a few), I don't have that luxury and no longer work so it hurts my hip pocket. But I will still fill the boat up while I can as it keeps me reasonably sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post

and fuel is the only part of the cost of boat ownership and a days fishing
    And there's a lot of them that write it off on tax or have company fuel cards, seen it done many times. Plus many are FIFO workers who earn considerably more than the average joe bloe and the price means little to them (know a few), I don't have that luxury and no longer work so it hurts my hip pocket. But I will still fill the boat up while I can as it keeps me reasonably sane.[/QUOTE]

likewise only have a 50l tank now but when i had larger boats saved up for trips out and fished shore based still when money wasnt there.
    Live within your means

Red face Re: People going ape over fuel prices, how are u baring the cost?

do like my zuke.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Work for it...get out of here with your common sense....can't we just increase the dole payment amount to cover it

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Next I suppose Welfare recipients will be demand a tax exemption on fuel or an increase by way of a fortnightly fuel allowance

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Interesting stats if they are correct

Fuel price comparison from way back when

https://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/OldTru...al-fuel-prices

Crude Oil prices since 1976

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...es-since-1976/

& yet the oil companies pay little if any any taxes - despite record bowser prices (margins & low oil prices) Bugger all oil refining either. But these bastards get away with it

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    And the motoring groups like RACQ up here have been hoodwinked by the fuel companies, a recent article they posted said that at $84 a barrel it is the highest we have had to pay for oil, yet in 2012 I think it was up to $120 for a while yet we paid significantly less at the pump. The other thing that annoys me is that they quote "The cycle is on the up, fill up now" etc. This is plain BS, no other commodity has such a cycle, it is something the fuel companies started and the motoring bodies just repeat it. Also they quote what is a "fair price" , as far as I can see it is just the low average median for an area rather than a calculated "fair price".

And the govt is never going to do a thing about it. the GST alone is worth abstaining from any action.

Ok, had my rant, back to a beer and watch some fishing show as it's pissing down rain here.
    What I find I interesting is our local Sippy Downs servos have all stayed at $1.57 while everywhere in Brisbane is over $1.90. I would have thought if they can sell it here at that price, then Brissy should be the same.

I get the same 2.27kms/L just i don't get your speed,how did u take the picture going that fast?