View Poll Results: Should the Brisbane South Branch of TFPQ be closed forever?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

13 25.00%
  • NO

24 46.15%
  • Dont know/ Dont Care!

15 28.85%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should the Brisbane South Branch of TFPQ be closed?

Re: Should the Brisbane South Branch of TFPQ be closed?

Adam, I think your organisation needs guys like yourself and Shane, who are both passionate about access and fishing, to be working behind the scenes in the engine room so to speak.

When it comes to dealing with the general public (and I don't mean people on this website, I mean people who don't give two hoots about fishing) it's probably best to let a party spokesman talk the talk.

A good suggestion was made earlier in this thread, change your name and keep chucking your 2c worth in to the ring, just don't have any identifiable link to TFPQ so your comments can not be traced back as party policy and stay as your personal opinion.

As to the poll, I didn't vote mate.

p.s Paddles: Thanks for your comments mate - all taken on board! You didnt have to vote - the poll is just to encourage people to have their say - some may want to do it anonymously through the poll is all
    Last edited by Adamy; 28-02-2007 at 01:51 AM.

been reading all whats been happening on the chat forum, my concern about a poll like this is that it inferes that all members of the fishing party are also ausfish members, or at the very least all that care. It a shame that all this infighting is taking place and the engery is being put into fishing. The sad fact of life is that in any organisation that is going to happen. I hope that there is a way foward as the fight you fight will afect in some way fishing right around Aust.
    cheers
    blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Adamy View Post
    So is that your "official" response as a representative of the Brisbane Sports Fishing Club Jeremy? So then the club feels the same way?

I guess you didnt read the whole diatribe Jeremy because IF you did you would have noted where I said the poll would not determine outcome ONLY give people like yourself an opportunity to have their say.

Thanks for having your say!

By the way - I dont have to report my activities as Chair to you - you aren't even a member of TFPQ anymore - you quit in a big huff remember?? I think we all (who were there) recall your actions of that night!

Nothing personal here?? what a load!! You cant hide behind a pithy statement like that Jeremy - I've seen you in action!

Just my 2 cents

Adam
    LOL You just don't get it do you!

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Hope that helps.

Adam
    Last edited by Adamy; 28-02-2007 at 01:53 AM.

Hey,
    I've got a great idea!!!!!!
    Why don't you all shut up and bugger off!
    Take it somewhere else, like outside.
    I don't think I'm the only one that is sick of this school yard name calling etc.
    Nobody is going to win here and the biggest looser will be TFPQ,
    so shut it and move one.
    ENOUGH
    Tim

Adam,

you want a box of tissues? Maybe a bex and a good lie down will help.

I did not resign from The Fishing Party at that meeting in December. I resigned from the executive of TPFQ SB branch. There were some heated emotions and it is possible that I made an error. I will seek clarification on this from the State executive.

I have not attacked TruBlu. I simply asked what she/he has done in response to she/he asking Shane what he had done. That does not constitute a personal attack. Some people including you do not like the truth and see these sort of questions as a personal attack.

It has been entirely YOU who has escalated this dialogue between you and I. I started it by asking a simple well directed question designed to make you think. You have replied with ill-conceived and childish diatribe.

I have had enough of the lies and mistruths you have written about me. I NEVER hide behind anyone or anything and if you wish to continue in this vein, I will request a face to face meeting so we can sort this out as men.

Jeremy
    Last edited by Jeremy; 27-02-2007 at 12:11 PM.
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

I get that I am only adding to the damage by replying to your rubbish - I TOTALLY get that!!
    Adam
    no, i don't think you do Adam. That line right there was your time to stop. Adam, I don't know you personally but this whole thing has been handled appallingly. It's the content of your constant jibes & blame passing that is a bit tiring. From the outside looking in I would say that the sooner you vacate the position of chair the better for TFPQ. Sometimes you just have to cop it on the chin & get on with it like any political party member would. You are in a position of constant scrutiny & I don't envy you for that, but roll with the punches & quit this 'he said, she said' crap, it sounds immature. People are going to have there voice & you can't start battles over every petty thing that is said - ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

This vote thing sounds like a way to form 'teams' & split the party - (those who agree with Adam & those that don't). Just shutup (& that goes for everyone) & get on with the job mate of chairing the party to greater things.

Matt

Adam

You started this post implying that you were doing so in your capacity as the Chair of TFPQ Brisbane South. It would have been nice to see your responses being more carefully worded and professionally handled. It almost seems that you are trying to KILL the Brisbane South Branch so that you dont have to close it.

Despite my differences with KC, I cant help but feel sorry for what you are putting him and the party faithfull through with your public tirades.

Until such time as there is an official conclusion on behalf of TFPQ, you would be well advised to conduct yourself in a more professional manner, or else stay quiet .

Regards
    Shane
    Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent genius will not; un-rewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone is omnipotent."

Firstly, I am all for people who stand up for the rights of fisherman. However, I dont understand why this could not have been solved at the next party meeting instead of having an ugly fight drawn out in the public eye. Personaly Adam, I think it is a reality of politics that people will seize upon your comments and try to trurn them against you. Unfortunatley you are the chair of the branch 24/7 365 days a year and your comments do reflect the office you hold. I have read your initial post and understand what you were trying to say becuase I was thinking the the same thing about how the press were manipulating the situation. Problem is thats what the press do.

If you cannot take the personal sacrifice of being the chair of your branch 24/7 resign as you will do more harm then help. This is not the place to fight about problems within your party. I think that if you want to help, please continue to do so, but please no more of these silly fights in public places.

And to your comments about how so and so is a memeber of this does that mean that they are speaking in that position anytime they say anything, then unfortunately you have missed the point because you are not dealing with some sporting assocition etc but you are dealing with politics in politics everything you say can be used against you even if you are expressing your own point of view, which you obviously were.

Cheers

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by biosbro View Post
    no, i don't think you do Adam.
    I have to join the chorus. Some wise and mature advice has been offered. All I read in reply suggests a childish tanty has resulted. The Marine park thread does not present the chairman of the SB TFPQ in a good light and some of the later replies in this thread should tell someone that they are fighting a losing battle. I would go so far as to suggest that Adam's performance on this site has done more harm to the TFPQ than a 100 extreme PETA representatives could ever hope for. Time to grow up Adam and shut up.

Brenden

To all the Ausfish Members who are finding this argument with Adam is wearing a bit thin, I apologise, but with Adam now quoting the TFPQ constitution, I feel I must respond as his quotes are at odds with my copy of the said constitution. The only reasons I am responding is because when quoting a constitution in part only, it can be misleading to the reader.

So that brings us to this point where I am the Chair of the local Branch - now on with some constitutional matters.

The constitution states that the purpose of the branches is to support the goals of TFPQ (which are available as the mission statement on the website).
    Sorry Adam the constitution states under Mission Statements - The Fishing Party (Qld) Page 2.

The Fishing Party (Qld) will work with party members and recreational fishers to improve the representation of the sport of recreational fishing at a political level. We will work co-operatively with the government of the day but at all times set out to achieve the best possible outcomes for its members and support base.

We will seek to ensure continued access to waterways, improve public education as to the benefits, both socially and economically of recreational fishing to the community, seek to enhance the funding of the sport both at a federal and state level and seek to improve the level of participation at a junior level.

The Fishing Party(Qld) will give recreational fishers in this state a voice through which it can make itself heard and in doing so adhere to the democratic principles which are the fundamental right of every Australian.

The fishing party seeks to promote and enhance this fundamentally Australian pastime and influence the political process by way of its sheer weight of numbers.

No where does it say your above mention quote.

Further in section 14.1 it states: “Any member who disagrees with a policy or decision of the party shall remain wholly free to express and advocate their own views, except on occasions when they are communicating in a public capacity (such as Ausfish?) as a representative of the Party, in which event they may express their own views, but make it clear that they do not reflect those of the general membership of the Party”.
    Adamy
    The constitution also states

"14.2 Any member of TFPQ shall conduct themselves as a credit to the Party, whether on part business or recognized as a member of the party at the time."

So back to closing the branch… With the controversy surrounding this issue I can (as section 11.1 dictates) no longer be “effective or capable of supporting the goals of TFPQ”. The constitution declares that if the branch can no longer do this, then that branch can be wound up.
    Sorry adam section 11.1 dictates

A sub-branch may be wound up at the executives discretion without compensation or recourse, should the executive decide that the sub-branch be no longer effective or capable of supporting the goals of TFPQ.

Which means that you do not have the right to decide whether the branch closes or not - it is up to KC and the other Executives to make that decision. In addition the clause relates to the Branch in its entirety, not the effectiveness of the Chair. A Branch does not need to fold because of the inability of the Chair to fulfill his/her position.

Regards
    Shane Boese
    Last edited by Shane Boese; 27-02-2007 at 08:05 PM.
    Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent genius will not; un-rewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone is omnipotent."

a public forum is not the place to sort out your differences
    wake up to yourselves
    cheers
    dazza
    Last edited by dazza; 27-02-2007 at 09:57 PM. Reason: ???

Quote Originally Posted by RobGoesFish View Post
    Firstly, I am all for people who stand up for the rights of fisherman. However, I dont understand why this could not have been solved at the next party meeting instead of having an ugly fight drawn out in the public eye. Personaly Adam, I think it is a reality of politics that people will seize upon your comments and try to trurn them against you. Unfortunatley you are the chair of the branch 24/7 365 days a year and your comments do reflect the office you hold. I have read your initial post and understand what you were trying to say becuase I was thinking the the same thing about how the press were manipulating the situation. Problem is thats what the press do.

If you cannot take the personal sacrifice of being the chair of your branch 24/7 resign as you will do more harm then help. This is not the place to fight about problems within your party. I think that if you want to help, please continue to do so, but please no more of these silly fights in public places.

And to your comments about how so and so is a memeber of this does that mean that they are speaking in that position anytime they say anything, then unfortunately you have missed the point because you are not dealing with some sporting assocition etc but you are dealing with politics in politics everything you say can be used against you even if you are expressing your own point of view, which you obviously were.

Cheers

Rob

well said.

if a missed guided, well intentioned fish and chip cooker, can get some political clout, surley the fishing party, can muster up some live bait and have a decent crack at it.

the way it stands ya (tfpq) seem either to lazy, arrogant, childish, ect to pull a yabby pump or throw a cast net, ya'd rather bitch about who's gunna do it, who dit it last time, and without the bait, ya got no fish.
    time to put up, shut up, and keep on keeping on.
    i myself have no time to contribute, my finances are limited, but if a well formed party can present, i'll muster up a few bucks to support it. the way it is at the moment, i wouldn't give ya's a cold pie.

kc, maybe time you put a lid on it, and maybe a public statement for the betterment(is that a real word???) of the party is released.

thanks for being there (tfpq), i hoping you get over this speedbump, and pursue the party goals!

cheers

lippa

"14.2 Any member of TFPQ shall conduct themselves as a credit to the Party, whether on part business or recognized as a member of the party at the time."

A lot of TFPQ members who have posted on here who obviously do not know of this one.