Thread: Moreton Island beach fishing advice needed

Moreton Island beach fishing advice needed

I am going to Cowan for a week with grandkids and their fathers, I have never fished the north of the island and would like some help with where to successfully fish with ten year olds and where to catch yabbies. I also have a cast net and a bait net to catch hardyheads and other bait fish. I would love to have some local knowledge from our members. Thanks Hawthornedon

Re: Moreton Island beach fishing advice needed

Yabbies are more on the southern end of the island.. throwing the cast net around Cowan will give some bait fish and there is plenty of flathead and stuff around that area.. The drop off to deeper water is in pretty close near the shop etc at Comboyuro Point so you can cast to pretty deep water from shore there too... The beauty of the island is that there is such a diverse range of fishing to be done there.. from shore or boat you have plenty of option.
    2008 Signature 520C with the Suzuki 90 4 stroke on the back

Run in tide, Coffee rocks, mullet guts, enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Loz View Post
    Run in tide, Coffee rocks, mullet guts, enough said.
    Thanks Lucky Los, I do not know the area ,are the coffee rocks on the East or West beach? . What do you catch with the mullet gut ? Regards Hawthornedon

Quote Originally Posted by hawthornedon View Post
    Thanks Lucky Los, I do not know the area ,are the coffee rocks on the East or West beach? . What do you catch with the mullet gut ? Regards Hawthornedon
    Thanks "fat -buoy" I will give the cast net a shot and hopefullly get a few serious fish regards hawthornrdon
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-buoy View Post
    Yabbies are more on the southern end of the island.. throwing the cast net around Cowan will give some bait fish and there is plenty of flathead and stuff around that area.. The drop off to deeper water is in pretty close near the shop etc at Comboyuro Point so you can cast to pretty deep water from shore there too... The beauty of the island is that there is such a diverse range of fishing to be done there.. from shore or boat you have plenty of option.