Thread: Stacer 420 Seahorse, anyone heard of them before? Suitable bay fisher?

Stacer 420 Seahorse, anyone heard of them before? Suitable bay fisher?

It doesnt seem to have needed any spot welds, has that typical pressed ally stringers spot welded on the inside with small insert floor boards.

We need something really light weight due to a painful driveway with a short steep parking spot. A heavier 3mm plate ally boat just wouldnt work.

But same time I dont want to buy into some thing that will fall apart.

I cant find any info on this hull, is it similar to the osprey or the seaway? I think circa 2005 age.

Any info on the boat would be helpful, cant find much on google.

Re: Stacer 420 Seahorse, anyone heard of them before? Suitable bay fisher?

My cousins seahorse is ok and he takes it out in the bay , his is the 4.5
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Your in nz arnt you ?
    Is this for here or over there ?

there’s a reason they don’t have many light weight pressed hulls and they go for more rugged designs
    Their coastal bars waterways even the rivers are rough places to boat

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    Your in nz arnt you ?<br>
    Is this for here or over there ?<br>
    <br>
    there’s a reason they don’t have many light weight pressed hulls and they go for more rugged designs <br>
    Their coastal bars waterways even the rivers are rough places to boat
    <br><br>Yeah it can get gnarly here, some of the Bars are insane on the west coast, would never go out there in one of these. Even just on east coast, you go out in 3 knots with no sign of wind for the day and suddenly it is 30 knots and 2 feet of Chop on top of whatever swell. But generally I do not go too far offshore, 3-5km just to reach inshore islands.<br><br>Im actually thinking about coming home, I miss spearing out of Gladstone. But Mrs cant leave yet, so making the most of my fishing time.&nbsp;<br><br>I would not normally go for Stacer or Quintrex here, but the small plate ally boats (4mm bottom sides and floor etc) weigh at minimum 2x that of Stacer and Quintrex. A lot of people here with quintrex have to do regular welding of the keel or the stringers, just due to how they are constructed. But in my case, where im staying, I need something light weight that I can push into place, and this Seahorse looks to be high freeboard. Ive just never heard of them before, not like coastrunners etc. I think they are early 2000s short production hull, hence the lack of info on the net.<br>
    <br>