Thread: Fire line for flatties.

Fire line for flatties.

Hi
    .Use 4 pound fire line for bream on plastics.1/32-1/8 oz jigs. What size is good for flatty with jigs1/8-1/2 oz over the flats and around the racks?.was going to try the shirt lifter pink.Was told it didn't come in 300 yards spools .how much of a differance is there between 4-6-8 pound fireline.????
    BG.

Re: Fire line for flatties.

6pd fireline in the pink is bloody good stuff george, give it a go. Pretty sure you can get 300yard spools. Actually now i think about it, u can cause i just top shotted my 2 outfits with 150 yards each.

nothing wrong with useing the 4lb for the flatties ether!
    they fight clean and are really in very snaggy country

Justme

I'll have a rough guess & say about 2lb difference between each.

The lighter the fireline, the more difficult it is to manage and pick knots out of. Not a huge problem to combat but if ur new to it then it's something to look out for

4lb breaks at almost twice that but it's quite fine and tangles easily if you forget to maintain tension. 6lb is a popular choice, any heavier is overkill unlass the flatties average a couple of kilos or more

Big'un, the easter break will be a good opportunity for you to have a bit of a think about where your going wrong and to put in a bit effort to lift your game when you get back.

BTW the 'shirt lifter pink' line will match your nipple rings even if it has knots in it.

Best regards as always Andrew

PS thanks for the glowing reference it got me the job.

Gordon_Scamp

Pink Fire is available in 300 yd spools, ask ay you local Tackle Shop.
    Gordon

Gordon.
    MO tackle told me 300 pink is not available in the 8 pound.Avail in 4, 6 and 10.
    regards george.

cHiCo

Check Big W and KMart i saw fireline specials in each of them.