Thread: Hook protector

Hook protector

OK i know this is a long shot but...

You can get hook protectors that come in all colours that cover the trembles of lures.

They are rare to find in Australia, (well i cannot find them...) so does anyone know what they are offically called? Or for that matter actually *know* what i am waffling on about?

Any info would be greatly appreicated!

Rosso.

Re: Hook protector

Er...trebles and not trembles

Yeah, I use them occasionally. I just call them treble covers. You occasionally see them around the traps. Saw some interesting ones the other day, looked something like this picture. Great idea and fairly easy to make if you can't find them (bit of glue, bit of elastic and some drinking straws or old pens)

You can get the clip/slide on type at the Hyper market, Aspely ,they come in different sizes (only Blue though) and cost $6 for 6.They are great at keeping Trebles sharp and tangle free.I think there put out by Wilson. MQ

ok thanks guys

Gordon_Scamp

Most Tackle Shops carry them at around 30 to 40 cents each.

Gordon

Jack_Lives_Here

Moes Tackle - bags of 'em for different size trebles. I reckon 99% of my hardbodies have them on - makes it nice and easy to select a lure out of the box without dragging another 20 with it.

www.luremate.com Allan Paton 07 47581838 seen them at the tinny show

saw the website for said treble covers that clip/lock on.. made by an Aussie Company.. Tackle Master i think.. Ausfish deals with them, might help giving Steve an email or private message, now that i remember it.. they do make those plastic slip on treble covers that clip on then allow you to fit a rubber band over them to hold them together

Tim

http://www.tacma.com/hookgard.html

found the website and everything for ya!

imported_admin