Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Coomera Jack

Re: Coomera Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Finger

WRONG !!!

and on another note,
    i am supprised at how many meato's there are actually out there,keep the comments comeing fellas this is becomeing an intresting topic.
    Hookin,Brett
    Hi Brett , i'm suprised you used the term "meato" .... and sorta bitchy like

i believe there are various "categories" of people
    1. vegos ....eat vegetables
    2. meatos....eat meat
    3. photos .....take photos

4. Fishos...... eat fish [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Personally mate, mark me "down" if you wish as 1,2, and 4
    and maybe give some "insight" to all ,whether the Jack was 10/20/30 years old (in your 'respected' [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] opinion) ,and further guess-timate how long they may live to naturally ???

I would say that that that Jack , was in the wrong place at the wrong time ,and was enjoyed ,maybe even relished in many,many ways , you may not comprehend ,as an individual ,which is a shame

Over to you big fella (no wrong answer)

Best regards
    Gazza

DaneCross

I'd like to know what was so WRONG about what Fishtime wrote... how fast do Jacks grow? Some would grow faster given optimal conditions for sure. Or were you quoting WRONG to the fact that mangrove jack sells for $8/kg in the fish shops
    Time to expand on your answer Brett...

Webby,

Ive started fishing Jacks in coomera for about a month now,I know the spot is all hush hush ,but Ive got to ask ,was it caught along a rock wall,or in a dirty big snag.Just a little help here would be appreciated

Thanks Will...

While growth rate for Jacks in the South East Qld is some what faster than other region in Australia.
    It still takes Mr Lutjanis argentimaculatus some 10 to 15 years to reach about 650 mm , while they can reach the 50 cm mark quite quick 4-5 years , after this their growth rates really start to slow down .
    A Jack in 80 cm range is about 30 years old .
    Jacks have been estimate to live for about 40 years

I use to keep quiet a few Mangrove jacks for the dinner table, but these days they go back.
    Mainly because I started to realise that most of my enjoyment comes from the actually catching of the fish, and not the eating.
    While Jacks do taste good the thrill of catching was a hell of a lot more enjoying than the eating .

I love their awesome strike, powerful runs and their bloody determination to brick yah as quick as hell. So it started making sense to release them, so that hopefully one day Jack and I can go round two in the ring when he’s a lot bigger, It can only help to keep river fish stocks up as well and that mean more catching …..

Poony

Mate if i told you where we go, skales and pockets would have my N#@& for breakfast, but i wont hurt to tell you its in the south arm .
    We been hitting the spots we fish for some years now, and i tell you we done some trips, and our success rate is about 10%, till skales decided with a lot of luck, to blast our records to shreds, but he's finally on the board.
    I ca n see from this whole report, you wont be able to move in the coomera for rigs, with everyone after this fellas girlfriend or boyfriends, anyway how the hell do you sex a jack ???, he certainly not going to let it all hang out to tell us its a boy.
    Never though this post would draw so much bitcheyness.
    Anyway if you see a big red rig down there this weekend drop in and have a rumbo, while we wait.
    Gazza Gazza my man you certainly have a way with words, i bet you have a big pot in the backyard that you stir occassionally.
    I must admit im a Meato and Fisho thru and thru, and for those that want to suck on their greens, i have no objections to that either.
    regards

Hi Webby , "Gazza Gazza my man you certainly have a way with words, i bet you have a big pot in the backyard that you stir occassionally. "

I'll admit to a wireless keyboard , and Skales don't deserve to be "crab-bait" ,until the vbig fella can moderate herself

Steve_O , is that a paradox mate ???
    " their bloody determination to brick yah as quick as hell. So it started making sense to release them"

hehehehe (& regards) to ALL Fishos
    Gazza

Ducks... what ducks. ain't no two ducks in the equations...

Poony

Brett_Finger

where have i missed Skales becomeing crab bait??
    my appols if i have i will re-read this post to find it.

and Webby,
    i keep my bag limit on all fish i catch,as i to am a meato.

it's only the jacks i care about nothing else. #
    and yes i do realise i am a hypicrot (yes spelt wrong i know )
    i used to keep jacks until i found out about their insanely slow groth rate.

and i hope your not driveing the boat if ya up the good Juice ! 8) GO THE BUNDY
    Hookin,Brett # #

Brett_Finger

" ,until the vbig fella can moderate herself #

i'd be keen to know what i need to moderate in my posts,don't tell me because i don't agree with your views is rerason enough to moderate myself.
    Hookin,Brett

That is a nice fish, and I won't enter the kill and release argument, as that is a personal choice that needs to be made by an individual. Two things though, was he 80 cm whole, or after his throat had been cut? The other is a tip, 'photos always look better if you take them when the fish is complete, ie. before it's been cleaned. It must have been a very impressive fish as it came out of the water.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

GROUP HUG # ,
    and mate you wouldn't fit into a crabpot ,not in one piece , anyways #
    (or understand ,it seems,maybe)

GROUP HUG #

Regards
    Gazza #

Brett_Finger

HAHAHAHA,
    all this over a few simple words,hehehehe.
    i am currently contacting my friend Dr.Andrew Mc Dougle whome has tabled and finished a 3 year study programe on Jacks for true and correct infomation on this subject,not to be a smart ass,just for the right infomation.
    and by the way Skales,it is a nice fish. wish it had have gone back but i too have kept some big ones.
    a great debate/post this is keeps us all thinking.
    Hookin,Brett

Well Well Well Do I require all this backlash !!! These KEYBOARD FISHERMAN give ya the s%its, If you read the report [short as it was ] This is my FIRST so it didn't matter if it was 35 cm or 105 cm it was going in the esky.Ididn't spent hour after hour sitting in all types of weather trying for nothing .As for male or female ,maybe next time I will take along a Marine Biologist to ID the fish as they come over the side .[that will be fun ] You Catch and Release mob are very much like a reformed Smoker always complaining so that it suits you .If you don't like it move on . I finding it hard to even think about putting up a post here again .I though this was a Fishing Report Board , Report what you caught, help with imformation , looks like I am wrong again ??? If this is the case Steve from Ausfish should pull Reports from the board .

Jack_Lives_Here

Dead set me near made me cry that pic

Hey Skales, do you still have the skeleton of the fish. I'm sure the DPI would love to get hold of something like that for their jack research. Might as well go to good.

Brett_Finger

you know what Skales,
    i cannot argue that,you are right.i know i am a shocker,but you get that.
    and a ;last comment before i shut up, thay do taste nice don't thay.
    hookin,Brett