Thread: reasonable snapper Saturday

reasonable snapper Saturday

Left spinika at 1am Saturday morning after a s**t 12hour shift at work and headed for bulwar. My crew where full beans [20 year olds] rigging up and talking s**t all the trip over, you would think they were hunting whales. Got to bulwar and drifted up the the drop off, not a fish in the joint. The crew where starting to tier and dicided to go to bed , Thank you no who. Kept trying different tricks for 2 hours with no squire on board, i kicked them to get them up and headed for a spot off Hutchies. Found alot of good shows on the sounder and started drifting. A hour later still no go. I had a packet of gar fish in the esky and decided to try them. Well thats all it took to start landing reasonable snapper. I had 2 in the boat [4 and 5 kilo] before the boys new what bait i was using. The boys scorred 1 each and i got nailed big time, new reel-new 30p braid and drag locked up full by the end to save the last 50 meters of braid, but this was unstopable. Ended running out, only had 5 gars. Also got a few reefiees. This week heeding out to buy gar in a bigger amount.

First reef fish that Matt's ever got
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: reasonable snapper Saturday

Top fish Spiro. It is good to see that someone got onto some some snapper today. Well done
    Cheers,

Mark

well done,wish i could get a couple of them at green.
    snafu

have fun landing them in shallow water at green Snafu
    they are basically unstoppable in 4 - 6m