Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lord Who???

Lord Who???

Just returned from a week long trip to Lord Howe Island. This island is located off the east coast of Australia in the middle of nowhere.

With the weather perfect, I managed to get 2 trips out on Phasmid Charters with skipper Dave Gardner & his deckie Tom. The fishing from this boat was awesome and red hot with King Fish, sharks, cod & other reef species caught.

Don't want to sound long in the tooth so will let the photos do the talking.

Re: Lord Who???

The deckie holding up 2 king fish. Check the fish on the left for battle scars.

Another species caught off Lord Howe is the invisible tail kingy.

Im lookin at the 1 on the floor!

good to see you had a succesful trip Mark.

Getting past the mutton birds is the first problem when dropping a bait. Getting the fish up before the sharks is the second.

Kingtin you'd be proud

Check the bottom out on Dave's sounder. Notice the contour lines on the left to see just how fast the bottom drops away into deep deep deep water.

good one roota

Dave with a nice opal eye cod bound for the esky. A species that I'd never come across before.

These pair nearly floated away on the surface when the aluminium crimp split in half under the enormous pressure of being dragged up 150 mtrs. This cod is a black cod and are protected so was released after a couple of photos.

Another... don't quite know what it is ... maybe someone can help out.

there is 2 type of fish,billfish and baitfish

Didn't get to fish down this area known as Balls Pyramid but from what I've heard the pelagic action was pretty good. As it was, the first day we trolled a couple of skirted lures off the northern end of the island and raised a bill fish before the second lure was set but unfortunately, the fish was dropped. Also managed to hook up a wahoo but this fish missed the hooks too. 5 minutes later, another wahoo came clean out of the water but missed our lures on the way through. Bugger...

great haul guys [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

i wish i could get out there

just out of curiosity how mush did this whole holiday set you back ???

Another charter to look at if Phasmid's booked out is with Jack Shick on his 7mtr plate boat.