Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lord Who???

Re: Lord Who???

ok this one is once again of Balls Pyramid and vanessa on a see through boggie board that you can use to explore the reefs at neds beach

ok this is not as good as the real pic is but it should show how awrsome a storm looks when it comes to the island

sunset over rabbit island
    it is great to be able to wake up to see the sun rise over the water and island and then to watch it set again that night

this is the last one
    i wish that the digi pics came out as well as the real photos because we sure still love looking at them and hopefuly soon we can once again add to them
    well last photo is me feeding the fish at neds beach
    sorry fellas no fishing on this beach

you are dead right, the place is awesome, there many years ago when the charters first started, mainly fished peralgics, kings wahoos, yellowfin, marlin etc. boobybirds were a problem close to the island with skirted lures. wall to wall sharks. balls pyramid alive with stinky,s otherwise silver drummer. top spot, cheers, kevy.

Straddie....
    Sorry to hear the weather wasn't that good on your trip.
    There was one day like that when i was over there and because Dave knew i was mad keen i was asked out with the crew. It was just awesome the 3 of us being on a boat about 40ft there was heaps of room

Basser it would of been nice to get that close to balls.
    I did Mt Gower this time and i'm in training as of now to climb the pyramid.
    If you got up to watch the sunrise you didn't have a big enough day before
    And yes i did see one of those big yellow drummer while fishing at the gulch. Thaught i was seeing things.
    they look fantastic!

Great fishin rooter!!! Whens the bbq at your place to polish off whats left of those kingies Shore looks like ya had some action mate!
    Catch ya soon ...foxy

Hey Thunderbird,

Nice to see you got home safely. The Kings have really been on this week. Up to 25kg. Only one fish sharked. Lots of wahoo about.

Thanks again

Capt Dave [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Yeah Capt Dave
    Can tell us what the weather is like on Lord Howe in mid May can you .THinking of a trip over then

While we're showing some LHI pics, heres a few from when I worked over there a few years ago.
    This one is a king of about 15kg from the old gulch

And another of Jason (aka Fookchucker) hooked up at the old gulch

And this is the 45kg fin that we landed

Hi Willo,

Usually good runs of weather during May. Close to June lull good run of flat calm days. Good time of year to fish plenty of kings. wahoo, yellowfin.

Hey Dave,
    Like my signature picture? #Taken after the day out to the southern dropoff with you April last year. #Sensational day my friend. #You are a top guide. #
    By the way, did end up getting the ANSA alltackle record for it after all that. #You were very patient getting the weights and everything. #
    Clive was trying to get me to come over again this April but I've changed jobs and now work on the Gold coast. #
    By the way, you wouldn't have the contact details of the guy who was on the boat taking pictures that day would you? He's a local.
    Thanks again for a sensational day. #We're getting wahoo here at the moment too. #Got one Thursday. #But they sure look like they are hungry over there at the moment. #Check out that one in your picture! #haha.
    Take it easy,
    Wes Tolhurst

Hi Wes,

Great to hear from you. Congratulations on the record. The kings have just come on at that spot last week. Got 2 around 25kg the other day. Also got a 15kg king swallowed by a marlin. eventually spat the king, not a scale left and a spear hole right through the spine. Been a real good season this year. Water temp 25.6 at the moment. I think it was Dean Hiscox who took the photos. Try C/- PO Lord Howe Island NSW 2898. I have this one see attached.

Regards

Dave