Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1770 Roundup

1770 Roundup

too lazy to stick a report up.. but considering there was 5 of us, and all ausfish members.. it wont take long.. and we'll fill it in as we go.. but heres a couple of pics

Re: 1770 Roundup

p

kj

db

k

we fished a nice little spot East of 1770 in around 30m of water. Bloody trevally everywhere, bludger trevally and small GTs were wacking anything moving fast in mid water. I would say they would have grabbed a shiny hook moving fast. Started off chucking gillies 25g? slugs and soon got sick off getting smashed by small trevally to 2kg on 6kg spin gear. Dan was struggling as he was running heavy leader and it was putting the trevally off whereas I was running 20lb fluorocarbon. After getting sick of trevally I wacked on a Strike King 3x plastic on a 1oz TT jighead and flung it out. Put the rod in the holder and started to clean up some blood from prior trevally bleeding. Turned to pick up the rod flipped over the bail and bang I was onto something nice. Turns out that nice fish was a 4kg snapper, my first nobby on plastic / bait ever. Well wasn't this just great so I casted out the same plastic again and this time held onto the rod, plastic hit bottom so i jigged up and waited for another fish to hit the placcie on the drop...... BANG I was on again, but this time the fish felt heavy. I called it as another snapper and I was grinning from ear to ear when rob did the honours and gaffed a 7.5kg 80cm snapper and brought it into the boat. Flung out the same plastic again and did exactly the same as above and BANG I was on a gain but this time the fish had different ideas and decided to go deep and run hard! I was calling snapper but after 20 - 25 minutes of bending the St Croix spin stick from end to end, Trevally was on the cards. 5 minutes later a nice 7kg Golden Trevally was gaffed and brought into the boat. Dan and Rob resorted to bait and Dan managed to bring some nice healthy 7kg golden trevally into the boat. Dan also nailed a nice little 3.5 kg snapper on some trevally strip bait. All in all it was a good trip as the company was good and it didnt rain lets hope for some better weather next time eh till next time

so how did ya all go
    didn't get too wet or wind swept i hope and hope ya showed all those stinking bait boys how real men fish tim

ikuh

;

l

ij

The largest animal landed and yes it pulled, and then pulled some more!

jeff with what qualified as dinner and his first trout, it tasted nice I assure you

Hey Zeeke - I always like your photos and I am envious of your plackie catch of 3 snapper. What plastics were they?

Ithink I heard you on the radio this afternoon about 2PM - were you in the company of another boat?