Thread: nice snapper inside moreton

nice snapper inside moreton

well feel a bit in awe of some of the posts of snapper from the banks but thought we still did alright for inside moreton island. headed over sat for a sit on the mark 'x' for some snaps. blowing reasonably hard and a bit sloppy for the girls and mother in law so we headed down to tangas for a bit of shelter. after cooking dinner for all - i finally got to have a bit of a fish. whilst cooking up a feed the rest of them got into some small squire/bream for fun (all released). after all had eaten and gone to bed i went about nailing some good size bream and kept 3 for a small feed biggest went 900gr so not bad. had something take a whole floating whiting (dead) about fifty metres out off the wrecks - it took a big run then was like a dead weight until got it near boat then took off again and nothing - spat the whole bait - no teeth marks nothing but slime all the way up the leader - any thoughts - i got a glimpse and it wasnt a ray or shovely. anyways camped up for the night then got up a little later than anticipated but headed out again to mark 'x' to see what was about. first hook up for the skipper landed a nice 5.5kg snaps around ten. then around eleven it was the mother in laws turn to bring one up. a nice 7.5kg. all in all not bad for inside the bay. pitty about weather but thats fishing. bumpy ride home but worth it. notice i am cooking again........still cant work out what happened there............any way good to see great fish still being caught everywhere...........

Re: nice snapper inside moreton

first one

mother in laws first one

gotwet

nothing wrong with those snapper
    well done

cheers mal

Mate,
    Nice fish, sounds like your mystery fish was a big catfish !
    Cheers
    Sandman

cheers sandman, never even thought of that.....have caught them in great numbers and great size just a few hundred metres from where we were..........my mind can ease now knowing that it was probably not a prize fish but some vermon.....

bidkev

Good fish for inside mate, well done. Yep! It sounds like a catty alright........I've had 'em pushing 7 kilos over there. Shame you dropped it, they're good chewin'.

kev