Thread: Barra tour

Reidy

Barra tour

HI To all

I have been contemplating the barra tour for a couple of years and I think a wonderful concept although espensive I was just wanting to know if anyone in the forum has competed or know any info one past events

Thanks Nathan

Re: Barra tour

how are you going,the abt bass tournaments this year are conducting a barra tournament that goes uo to about 4 dams in a week and i think a river fish as well.it is a full competition but requires a fair bit of travel,i would love to go as it would be a great trip. cheers al

Hi,
    # #I am not sure where you live so I don't know how far you have to travel to access barra.
    Also are you chasing wild fish or impoundment fish? I am just about to head back to brissy after chasing barra, sooty and jack in the mackay area. The fish gods have been good up here an I have caught and released barra to 1030, sootys to 400 and several jack. All the dams are starting to fire and the wild fish are waiting on the first fresh to move back up stream. Check the closed season times as they come into effect soon. Check the DPI FISHERIES WEB site for details.
    If you are into camping there are several places to camp to help keep the costs down.
    I used both spin gear and fly this trip and had a ##### time. Petrol up here at the moment is $1.19 to $1.23. Kinchant and teemburra are both fishing better lata arvo and into the night at the moment. Eungeulla is fishing best early mornings for sootys.
    Hope this helps,
    # # # # # # # # # # #Wobbygone

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Trout
    HI To all

I have been contemplating the barra tour for a couple of years and I think a wonderful concept although espensive I was just wanting to know if anyone in the forum has competed or know any info one past events

Thanks Nathan
    They had a test run at Teemburra last year.... and this is the fist Barra tour in 2005..... More info on event and last years test run.... check out this site. www.australianbarra.com.au

#Cheers Les

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."