Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: goldy m&g 22/10

Re: goldy m&g 22/10

Goldie from the 18's

Grumpyoldman

I met Brett and a couple of othera at the ramp (sorry can't remember names). The others must have been running a bit late? I left the ramp just after 4.30 am with Rob See and off to the Prince for some livies which were easy to come by. Went out to the 18s also in about 50m. Bit lumpy I agree. Very slow at first, but moved around a bit and found a show. Managed 5 good squire, best about 50 cm 1.8 kg, all taken floatlining the baits a long way back. Also a tailor taken on a live yakka near the surface just under 1 kg. Headed back in around 10.30 and chased some mack tuna for a while and landed one at 3.4 kg. Put together a reasonable catch in the end.

I went back to the ramp at around 12.45 as one of our guys was already back and had pulled his boat out. He had a nice snapper around 3kg and a pearlie about 2 kg from the 36s. I did have a look as I passed wavebreak, but there was alot of boats there and I wasn't sure what I was looking for....and time was short. Maybe next time. Sorry no photos.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

I'll agree that it was lumpy.

I have to thank Jeremy for the trip, but I will admit that i was essentially ballast for most of the day. I don't think I have been that crook since I drank that bottle of tequila, after the six pack of beer, with an ice cream and scotch sundae.... you get the idea.

Jeremy is a top skip and I'm glad that at least I did not mess up any net shots.

Thanks again for your patience with an inexperienced offshorer..

Cheers

Rob

Rob litttle birdy told me at the ramp that you were a little sic out there. Mate you weren't the only one one of my deckies got a little green again.

Brett
    It's FULLY SIC man

Let's just say that I was lighter for the trip home

Come on boys, thats not rough. Dam hell ill give a big spew [smiley=sick2.gif]but its gotta be rough.
    Only looks like wind chop to me.
    Graeme

hey brett which deckie it couldnt be my little buddy ....musta been your big buddy hey
    Cheers Tezza

Dad your right it was the big one. Fought it all day he did will not let me see him spew. It'll come Matt, it'll come

Brett

Oh but the little one had to have a sleep for some time just like his Pop.
    It's FULLY SIC man

Great to meet you guys and I enjoyed the day, despite trying to keep up with Brett on the way to New Guinea - didn't know there was a prize for getting there first - Jeez Brett, you give that 17L some stick
    As for the conditions and the unfortunate effect it had on some, just remeber, there are only 2 kinds of sea-goers - those who have been seasick and those who are going to be!!! Quite seriously, the general conditions offshore in QLD are a dream for an ex-pat Victorian - that Bass Strait is a proper mongrel. I've fished Mallacoota, Lakes Entrance, Port Welshpool, Portland, etc. in a 17C and you would really have to be half-mad and half-Irish to go out.
    Any time you guys want a return match, let me know - I'm in. The fishing is not what it used to be (is it ANYWHERE?) but the small marlin and spotties should be on soon - I'll let you know.
    Once again, it was a great pleasure to have a day with you guys and congrats to Dazza and the others who lost their "offshore virginity"

GOM

I dunno what all this talk is about the conditions - it was PERFECT #
    You guys musta been on a different ocean
    BTW, don't take any notice of the date on the piccy - I forgot to set it on the camera - the piccy really was taken on Saturday - you KNOW I wouldn't lie to you #

somehow I remember it being a little lumpier than that...

Don't worry Rob, it was,

We were only a few K's offshore there, as you can see. More having a play with anchoring than having a serious fish. (not to mention listening to the Indy cars, can't believe how far sound travels). That was in the middle of the day, was certainly a bit sloppyer earlier and again later on.

The attached pic shows the terrible conditions we had to endure on the last outside trip ......

Cheers,
    Tony
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

On ya girls. What a job running around in that little tinnie. That was reaaaalll rough that day Tony, trip up that day wasn't all that good tho if i remember correctly. Remember you having a little play with anchoring that day as well....

Brett
    It's FULLY SIC man