Thread: Happy As A Pig In.........

Happy As A Pig In.........

What a week it has been!! I had a fantastic Christmas, but during this last week I was beginning to wonder if I had walked under a ladder or run a black cat over!!

On Tuesday I took my brother out to Mud, only to spend a short time fishing because all the Christmas junk foods and roast lunches caught up with me. My gut decided it didn't want to play anymore! What a shocker! Then when I turned the boat for home, I realised the 2 stroke decided it was not going to run on all cylinders with one pot oiled up! Managed to stay on the plane, but doubled the amount of fuel consumption. Just as well I had enough. Turns out the twirp who serviced the donk last put the wrong spark plugs in! NGK BZ7HS-10 is for 70HP Jonno's up to year '95. '95 to 2003 is a different plug, with mine being a 2000 model!! Doh! Runs great now...

So today, NY eve, and because my brother has run out of holidays, returning to work next Tuesday, we decided to give it another bash at Mud.

I would have a much better photo to show than the 45cm models shown here, if not for the dang sharks (again)

BUT... There is personal satisfaction that goes much further than catching good table fish on SP's.

1. Great day on the water
    2. The boys in blue found I had all the required safety equipment
    3. I caught fish on my first ever home made jig heads
    4. We have been experimenting with Snapbacks which definitely work, and last much longer than other plactics
    5. The motor purred all the way there and back

Happy New Year!
    Scalem

Re:  Happy As A Pig In.........

It was one of the most pleasureable days out on the water and once again thanks scalem for having me as a deckhand and not hogging all the catches. I had a great time and will never tire of going out there. Perhaps next time I will put the sunblock on before getting into the fishing.
    For me there was also an incredible sense of accomplishment to have gone out and caught fish because firstly it was my first time to be using my new braid fishing line (yes I am convinced it is the best) and secondly it was my first experience with the snapback sp's. I was laughing at the fact the fish could hammer something like they were and the lure always came back almost in perfect condition. Traditionally in the past one bait per fish was somewhat expensive. Pulling the SP out of a fish mouth and sending it back out for another fish time and time again is almost unfair on those poor finned creatures just trying to get a feed. Oh well, life sucks if you are a fish. Dinner was lovely.

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.