Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Beach Bliss

Re: Beach Bliss

The Maroochy is well and truly a good enough system for mullet Les. They go on a spawning migration in May every year out of the mouth to spawn in the gutters to the north of the system. There was an article in the Sunshine Coast Daily last year titled 'Where's The mullet?' which was interviews with netters at Mudjimba who were saying what a poor season it had been. There was an article in another paper at around the same time about Northern NSW netters and specifically the Clarence with the same story line. Must just be a coincidence though I'm sure. Hopefully Mudjimba will be net free after last years poor catch.
    The Maroochy River mouth would fish well with spinners when the water is filthy with fresh - guaranteed.

slider,u r beach legend,cheers.

Local knowledge and ready access goes a long way manangatang but thanks. Right place at the right time.
    Everything happens here between Christmas and the end of April especially with cyclonic activity, so is kind of easy to focus at the right times. Just wish the netters didn't shut things down on us at the beginning of May every year. My surf rods are now stripped of gear and on the rack in the garage. My TSS4's are all pulled apart on the kitchen table for servicing before being packed away til probably October. The winter depression has set in and I'm wondering where the next fish is likely to come from. And I live on one of the best tailor beaches in the world with the ability to fish it every day. It's just not cricket!! If I have to put up with this for 5 months of every year for much longer I am going to go nuts.(And to AA) The withdrawals do tend to be severe. Lucky I get enjoyment out of seeing other peoples successes on the water through Ausfish. Keep working hard boys and girls.

Linds

Aussie Stu has convinced me to put one of the TSS4s back together and with no recent sightings of netters, go for an early morning spin near the second cut where there is a nice rocky gutter.
    See ya down there mate.

was well worth it this morn eh linds?? one chopper on the first cast then nothing