Thread: jack on plastics at agnes

jack on plastics at agnes

Wanted to call this string 'Agnes Jack on plastics' but there may have been a law suit for pinching somebody's name!

Went for a late arvo session on a day off in a creek we haven't sussed up here yet with no expectations. We were really looking for bream and flatties but after a while we decided to seriously target nothing but jacks. In hindsight 4lb fireline and 6lb vanish with our little bream outfits may have been a booboo.

Found a bit of burbling run out water near some snaggy stuff with some very nervous looking bait fish being monstered by something from underneath. I went a hardbody and after much discussion Teri decided to use a powerbait for the first time in her life. My hardbody got walloped on touchdown to my surprise but with no hook up. I said 'try the softy in there'. It was on when it hit the water.

I could tell by the action that it was a healthy jack and just prayed it wasn't a monster or we'd be dusted for sure. What was nice about this was something I didn't need to coach her to do. At one stage she had the maximum bend I could imagine the little carbon fibre noodle rod could stand lifted to as high as I would dare and suddenly dropped the tip down and winded like a blur to keep the pressure on. Never seen her do that but it just seem to come from instinct. Pump and wind, pump and wind. I went for the net, she yelled 'colour' and i dived the net down deep towards the scarlet flash and came up with a very aggressive little 34cm jack that was very fat compared to the gold coast models I am used to.

Much high fiving and hooting but had forgotten the camera. Took a few terrible mobile phone pics but don't think I can transfer them.

That was Thursday and the last thing she said last night was 'I caught a jack on plastics'

'Yes dear'

She said it a few times again today. At least she knows it's special. First jack she has seen, got it herself on plastics. I can't bloody say that! First jack I ever saw alive somebody else caught on a live poddy.

I'm going out tomorrow..... alone!!!

Re: jack on plastics at agnes

Great read mate and congrads teri. You can keep saying it as much as you want to love

A great story well told Mooks. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Congratulations to Teri - hopefully you'll not be too far behind.

Good luck,
    Mike

great story - thanks for sharing :-)

Great effort top reward

Bludog