Thread: The 3 Stooges @ Wello

Great_White

The 3 Stooges @ Wello

After a late call/s and sms' at 10pm Friday night, the decision was made to try Wello this morning with Brian and Andrew (aka Scalem and Poodroo)

Launched at 4.30am, with lines in the water by 4.45am! #Wind was 10-15 knots and building (looks like Seabreeze got it right for a change)

Drifted our usual areas with no action through the early morning period. [smiley=sad.gif] I personally was a bit nervous with the swell increasing and the showers around, and no fish (Is this sounding familiar??? [smiley=wink.gif])

The guys were determined to break my SP hoodoo! #(have only ever caught one other keeper) So we pressed on! #

A couple of throw backs later, around 9ish, Poodroo was on! #and pulled up a nice estuary cod. #Thanks for that - straight in the esky! [smiley=smiley.gif] #Mr Predict-a-fish (Scalem) says I will get a fish with this cast - as he throws it in! #Moments later the sound we love - zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzz after several long runs and Scalem putting some hurt on him the fish headed straight for the coral and the cotton floss broke! #[smiley=angry.gif] #That was pretty lucky because Capt G_W forgot to pack the landing net and I was wondering how he was going to get it in the boat!

Janine had just called for a progress report and to advise that our good friend TOL had dropped into see us and discuss the plans for the M&G at our house, and was keen to see then catch and meet the boys! But unfortunately this was not to be as we were onto a bit of a patch.

Again several smaller squire were caught and promptly returned when we decided to move spots. #At around 10.30am we came #across some interesting structure and triple hook up - we are all on! [smiley=shocked.gif] A nice 37cm squire for me, and unfortunately the other were to be returned #[smiley=sad.gif] #Marked the spot on the tracker and headed back for another drift. #It was now around 11 (approching high tide) and could not believe on our second drift, zzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz, tightened the drag and opps..... a bit too tight! #I straightened hook returned to the boat! #[smiley=sad.gif]

It was Poodroo's turn next, he hooked up 2 nice fish only to be busted off in the shallow reefs! #We were fishing the 2-5m range. #A few drifts later, I hooked up another just legal squire and then another! and Scalem also added another to the esky. A short time later Scalem caught a nice legal flattie that made its way into the esky too. #

Things then started to slow down, but we persisted and were surprised at the variety that Wello produced today! #These included - #several sweetlip, 3 cod, 2 flatties, and several squire.

And to top it off - in the middle of all this I recieved a call from Webby to go and chase some Mac's in the morning - so, guess what???? I am doing it all again tomorrow!!! #[smiley=cheesy.gif]

Thanks again for the company guys - you are welcome anytime! [smiley=smiley.gif]

Peter [smiley=grin.gif]

Re: The 3 Stooges @ Wello

Mate, most people cook them first.

MMM Tasty.

Rgs
    Michael

Great_White

Hi Michael , lucky I didn't catch a 4 th where would I put it ( be nice ) #

Peter #

One of these things, is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong, can ya guess which thing is not like the others, before I finish my song??

Yes!!! YES!!! The hoodoo is officially broken!! GW has finally broken it, although his methods are still a little different to ours ( still uses anchor rope as mainline, likes to hook fish by the private parts and pull them up backwards and threatens to use scissors on anybody's line that might get in his way), we had no arguement today, and we were simply just stoked he boated several fish. GW called our bluff when we decided to tell him we would be at his place at 3.00am. He agreed! But applying a little more common sense, we postponed till 4.00am!!

Congrats GW on also getting the most variety for the day too, and thanks for the Luxury of using your boat, it handles the bay beautifully, and I had very little to put away when I got home which was a welcome change.

Sorry we missed you TOL, but the Captain was on a roll and we wanted to make sure the purple patch of fish we discovered were given every chance to play with our plastics.

Top day! [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

Scalem

Nice report and welcome back Peter. Today would have rated to be one of the best days out on the water but not only because we were catching fish (That is the norm for some) but also because of the great company out there. Being onboard "On Strike" to witness the infamous GW actually breaking his apparent curse was truly a great experience. Never been so happy to see someone catching fish as I was today. I can only hope that you will bring that luck with you when you head out with Webby in the morning. Make sure you give me a yell if the Mackeral fillets are too abundant okay. # #Thanks for having me onboard today. Shame we missed TOL back at your place but we can't very well leave when the fish are on he chew now can we? # Not often I have seen all crew onboard taking turns at getting bricked by unstoppables. Bring it on! #

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Great_White

Scalem,

Todays flathead is bought to you by the letter "S"

Bed time I have to be up early "AGAIN" because it's Mac time.

Thanks for being top deckies, very hard to decide between the 2 of you so I guess you both get the job, when Herm is U/A.

Peter

Top stuff guys! Good to see you amongst them Pete!! Lets hope the morning produces some more!!!

Take Care T
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Wow!! Top report guys! I would have liked to have been a fly on the gunwhale when all the action was happening. Nice to see a variety of fish too.

Glad to see you scored some Peter, even though you like to use 4mm rope as main line.

Sorry I missed you guys, but when you're on a hot bite, you've just got to stay there!

Now Peter, you're obviously hyped up, but you'll just have to curb some of that enthusiasm this morning when you're out with Webby, and I look forward to yet another report from you later today.

TOL

a

Ah Greg,

Just gotta love that!

TOL

Good one Pinhead!!

Love it!! But we are showing our age, I hope the younger members know who the 3 stooges were. Are they showing re runs on foxtel or somewhere? Gee i hope so!!

Scalem

Great_White

T1 - and so it did T, so it did! (Luck (Webby) was on my side ) Anytime that you are up for it - give me a ring - I am certainly no pro - but I am keen to chase some more! I am off work until the beginning of February and don't need much of an excuse to head out!

Pinhead - Didn't have enough time to take TMD out today, but obviously had enough time on your hands to photoshop my happysnap! See you Saturday!

TOL - Don't encourage him - please!!!

Peter

I've got to nice to Pinhead Peter: he's bringing trinkets with him!

You know, shiny beads, mirrors, axeheads, baccy etc.

TOL