Thread: My xmas holiday report

My xmas holiday report

well this is my first report since last year. first week off xmas was a right off due to family commitments and the usuall xmas stuff. first chance after all the festivities,i jumped, went to coomera,got some livies, NOTHING>>> .missed the tide. couple of days later,got up early for the big tide. got to the spot at coomera. first cast of the net,it started to shake a lttlie,i thought beauty,heaps of poddies and herring,but to my surprise,VERY BIG SURPRISE,what was in the net,well blow me down as captain feather sword says,(got that from the little fellas dvds,we had to watch a thousand times over the break),in the net was a nice 36cm jack and 35cm luderick.I was stunned for a sec,just as i was getting them out of the net a mate turned up with his mate and they couldnt belive what i had caught. after a quick pic of each fish it was time to set them free. on the last friday night we ditched the kids off to the grandparents and me and the wife loaded the car and headed off to get some livies. we fished the hole at coomera for a few hours landing some great bream,25-30cm+.all were released. we decided to change spots and headed to a pipe at coomera,got some more small herring. landed a heap of cat fish,released alive,then when thing went a bit quiet,the missus rod makes that great sound,zzzzzzzzzzzzz,she jumped out of her chair grabed the rod,she said sh#t what have i got,i said give it to me,i want it,she told me to bugger off, this fish was making a good run up the river,i told the wife to tighten the drag but it didnt stop the zzzzzzzzz and still headed up the creek,unfortunately the missus didnt move with the fish much,she just stayed planted in one spot and the line rubbed against a tree,snap it goes, i just patted her on the back and said but luck love,in my head i was saying alot more but she wont know about that.hehehe..after a few more cat fish and me getting snagged and losing my gear i decide to try the popper i got for xmas. after about the 10the cats,bang bang bang on the surface and i was on,i yelled to the wife to het the net and she ran over and netted the beast,a 63cm giant herring,after another pic(not a very good one) he was relesed to fight another day.anyways after 9hrs of fishing we decided to call it quits. thats my xmas report.
    heres the pics. castnet jack
    If i could get paid the same to fish, sorry boss but i ......!

Re: My xmas holiday report

castnet luderick

poor pic of giant herring.

Some nice fish there geoff. A couple of years ago when prawning up a small creek my mate managed a 48cm jack in the cast net. Not a bad little surprise. Those Giant Herring go hard dont they.

Cheers Whytey
    If you wish to learn more about reading and getting the most from your Lowrance units or learning more about fishing with artificial baits I will come out in the comfort of your own boat for one on one coaching. Please call for more information.

hey whytey, the giant herring sure are a spectacular sight taking the lures and fighting, although they have counted for a good loss of lures to my tackle box.