Thread: day in the bay

day in the bay

Took my new 4.2 catcher rv out into the bay on sunday. 1st time in the water with it. went awesome. got the electric start trim and tilt 40hp tohatsu. Took a couple rods and landed about 20 undersize squire . But highlight of the day was landing a 65cm slatey(mother inlaw fish). Not that i knew what it was till i got back home. Got him on a 3gulp minnow in pumkinseed, 8lb fireline and 8lb leader. He went really hard for about 10mins. The next cast i changed to a 5inch lime tiger jerkbait and got this 38cm parrot. Both were caught about 300m west of the hundred boats that were fighting for air at harry atkinsons. But it was awesomely flat, but a stinker of a day.

Going again next week, any suggestions off places to go in the bay. Only my third time there.

Re: day in the bay

the parrot

looks like a good way to christen the new boat, did you give the slatey to the mother in law? Mate i have

Sounds like a fun day BOOG! Mate, stick to the islands and surrounds - Mud, Green, Peel etc. There's no real secret spots other than tripping over them on the day (they can be there one day and not others...)...

Take Care T
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan