Thread: Jumpinpin Sunday 7 Jan - late report

slymo

Jumpinpin Sunday 7 Jan - late report

I went out on Sunday with my brother in law. #We left Horizon Shores at around 8am and fished a hole near Tabby Island that I saw on a chart from nuggets website. It was a spot that I have sped past many times. #After sounding around and finding a good hole with a bit of structure that seemed to be holding some fish, we anchored up and started burlying.

We fished the last 3 hours of the run in tide and in that time caught around 30 fish. # What I thought was amazing was the variety of species. #We caught 1 cod, 2 mangrove jack, 3 squire, 2 rays, 2 bat fish (I think), numerous Mosses perch and the usual bream and whiting. #We only kept 3 good fish.

We used live blood worms and fresh prawns as bait. #I also had a flick with a couple of plastics and had a couple of nudges, but the rod with the bait kept going off so I called it quits and stuck with the bait.

It went quiet right on the turn of the tide so we went looking for some other spots. #By that time the wind was up so our options were limited. #We found a beautiful and very fishy looking spot in Mackenzie’s channel at the mouth of a little creek. #The water was crystal clear and we could see the bottom in over 10m of water, but we only caught a few bream. #We had a look at a couple of other spots along Short Island on the way home with out much action. #We were back on land at about 3 and had a nice chat to a fellow Ausfisher.

We had a great day and one of my best in that area as far as fishing goes. #We kept clear of all the boats around the area south of the Jumpinpin bar as the previous weekend, it was so busy I found it a bit unpleasant!

Happy fishing - Slime

pimp_my_boat

Re: Jumpinpin Sunday 7 Jan - late report

Sounds like a good day on the water.
    Good effort slime.
    Looks like i will have to give up my local areas that i fish and head down to the pin.

Slime,

Sounds like good fishing in your new spot mate, well researched !!

Not sure if your aware of this, but the Bream on the centre of your plate is a Grunter Bream and have a min legal size of 30cm.

Cheers
    Craigie.

slymo

Thanks Craigie,

I have sent you a PM.