Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's your biggest Flathead ?

nathan_fishing

Re: What's your biggest Flathead ?

here a flat head it was 76cm on a 2 inch powerbait on 4ld braid and 6 pound leader go fight! on the gold coast/currimbin creek.

all good fish guys.

nathan

CHRIS_aka_GWH

the lone wolf mustn't be watching or he'd have put this monster up by now - (its been up before)

representing the logan river ......

some real nice fish in amongst that lot! mines 97 from the surf beach at sandy cape, on the northern tip of fraser island

My PB was yesterday. 95cm on a 5inch Gulp and rev head jig. 1-3kg Bass rod and 1000 Stradic. No net on board so we had to bogga grip her from the water (tense moments ) Another spot X on the Richmond
    Eat well, drink in moderation, exercise often and yet you still die anyway!

.....and what a fine job on the boga grips i did.
    Was a good evening Alistair will have to do it again soon. Minus the wind though.

Yes full credit to the Decky Archer I honestly did not think we were going to boat her with no net. Can you email those pics off your camera to me when you get a chance. Pm you the addy.

Need a good jack pic now
    Eat well, drink in moderation, exercise often and yet you still die anyway!

R_K_HILL

Haven't been on for a few weeks... nice fish 'whykickacatalong'

New PB, 88cm caught 2 weeks ago up at the Pin in less than a metre of gin clear water, watched the big girl take the lure.

Cheers

John

92cm caught on monday

Yeh 80 something cm's caught this year at my local creek. No pic here but I'd put up the report (with pic) a few months ago. 8lb braid, 10lb leader on atomic 4" paddletail.

Richie

blue-mako

Got my PB today . 76cms. Trolled at about 1000 miles an hour as I was in a hurry since I was late. Was very surprised that something jumped over the 100mm Squidgey Wriggler at that pace. On my kayaks maiden voyage as well!

Troy

SnodgerHunter

61cm caught on flesh bait, taken from just to the right of Dave's Rock (in the bay)

mistress_T

Hi Flathead anglers-

I'm after a pic of a grander- that is a definite 1000mm lizard photographed on a ruler prior to release. This is for a news item in Fishing World magazine. They are very rare fish. There are over 20000 lizards in the flathead classic data now- not one over a metre. I've never caught one- best is 984mm.
    Over the years I've followed up a few stories but was very disappointed when the 'metre flatties' were all probably 80-95cm, or a figment of the angler's vivid imagination. The definites I know of were Brad Smith's fish from the hole near Seaworld about 8 years ago, and a couple of old stuffed ones from Yamba (on the wall in the BP garage, or used to be).
    So I want a definite documented 1000mm fish where the 0 and 100cm mark of the ruler/brag mat are clearly covered by the fish rather than anecdotal measurement without photography. It would be a great story, especially to promote the slot size limits to try and get NSW to do the same.

Thanks a lot,

Greenie

Loco_Pez

Here's mine. #83cm caught on a live pike about 25cm long in the seaway.

Loco_Pez

. . . and my largest landbased, 73cm, caught on a Berkeley mullet in Currumbin Creek.

(BTW that's not my stubby but I took it home anyway.)