Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Whos got what

Big_Kev

Re: Whos got what

Ahh the attack of the LandRover people.
    This is like throwing a ball to a puppy.
    After all they are a Rover I spose.
    I have said it before that Land Rover people love these things so much it is imposible to convince them otherwise.
    They buy them because they like to be different.
    Even with the evidence of market share, value for money, quality of product.
    I think these may be some of the reasons Toyota and Nissan outsell them by about 100 to 1. #
    But you Landy guys can have em, I will stick to what works, even if they do rust faster than there recycled coke cans.
    Cheers Kev. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by neptune
    People forget that if it wasn't for rover they wouldn't have a lot of what they have in a fourby today. Coil springs, constant four wheel drive, hill descent control and probably heaps of other things they started. There is a little bit of land rover in all four wheel drives.
    bloody hell my 2000 hilux has none of that shit and still gets me where ever i want!
    presonly i had enoght of the bloody land rovers 110 in the army to see my days out

if yuou want the best all terrain vechaile than you can't beat some thing with full track and a nice big V8

hey paz nice to see a jeep fan on here
    i've got a tj and am having nothing but fun!

Big_Kev

What auto box are you running Paz?

post a pic up strike,,and do you know of http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/
    paz

reel mate it is a slightly tricked up c-4 ford box,,absolutley love an auto in a 4by...only thing is i dont have much compression braking...
    paz

yeah i check out ausjeep every fews days...

here she is in a rare state.. nice and clean

Quote Originally Posted by Strike
    .... here she is in a rare state.. nice and clean ....
    you actually dirty that

Cheers, Kerry.

very smick....
    paz 8)

So Landy owners reckon that nothing can beat 'em, eh?

Well for the record my Suzy Grand Vitara wins hands down. But I have to admit, I've tricked her up a bit.......... here's a photo

Cheers,
    Tony 8)
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

Well here is the boat hauling beasty I have.
    98 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LT
    6.5lt Turbo Diesel
    Auto Trans (which I love in a 4wd)
    Fits the five kids, dosen't do to bad offroad (yes it gets offroad regularly believe it or not), and it hauls the boat like it's not even there (my favourite aspect)

Hi Guys,

I guess I got in late on this one, My beast is an 02' GU Nissan Patrol 3.0l Turbo Diesel. Bugger all extras beyond rustproofing, Window tinting and towbar.

She is grouse for towing the boat, putting the Canoe on the roof, heading over to Moreton and carting a bunch of kids around the place.

I would have liked the bullbar, but given she is 'sponsored' by my employer I can't be all that choosy. The only reason I would want it is for Rod racks anyway and they go on the roofrack fine anyways.

Cheers
    Steve

and Steve's nissan is an absolute comfort to ride in, a top vehicle!! nearly as good as my pajero! hehhe j/k good rig mate! certainly towed my boat well when we did the BP M&G..

Tim

Just read through the thread and I think it comes down to personal preference. Having lived on Fraser Island for two years I pretty well saw it all. At the end of the day it mostly comes down to the ability of the driver and not so much the vehicle. I have had a Mitsubishi Triton, Ford Courier, Petrol Prado, Turbo Diesel Prado and now a 2002 100 Series Turbo Diesel Cruiser. I have upgraded the Suspension because the Genuine Toyota stuff is shocking, she also has a steel roo bar X9 Suoerwinch, 2 x Rally 2000s and 1 x Lightforce, UHF radio, 4 x Batteries (Original plus 2 Deep Cycle), Kaymar wheel carrier, Codan HF, Shelf system, ARB compresser, Sheep skins, Tint and custom ally roofrack. For me the chose to put the extras on was so I had an extremely versitile vehicle that would meet my need for travelling in rural and remote areas. You stop in any country town and they are likely to have Toyota parts on the shelf.

Besides the most important thing is it pulles my 7mtr Plate anywhere I want to go.

Cheers,

Jamie

Gorilla_in_Manila

Jamie,
    Couple of questions for ya if you don't mind.
    Where did you stick the 4th battery? Got a 130amp hr deep cycle in mine, but didnt look like there was room for another one, unless you stuck 2 very small ones over in the passenger side gap under the bonnet ( sort of on top of the passenger side wheel arch, if you know where I mean).
    What suspension did you change to?
    Does the compressor go the whole distance when you pump your tyres up again after coming off the beach, or does is cut out and need a couple of rests? My old man has a blue tongue and think he said is cuts out at least once a tyre and takes abt 10 minutes to rest / cool and go again.
    Cheers
    Jeff