Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: dangerous vehicles

Re: dangerous vehicles

Ronnie, where are you. Now that the iron is hot you have gone cold. Come on be a good sport. [smiley=speechless.gif]
    Graeme.

Good one Ronnie you really put the cat amongst the pidgions ,,
    the trouble with these crash test are that they always seem to be into an imoveable objecjt like a brick wall, be honest if you were in a headon between a patrol and a corolla which one would you be in? Each to his own some chose to zoom around on motor bikes with all there bits sticking out and filling up the casualty wards and good luck to them, I like to surround myself with a substantial lump of metal. A wise man once told me a good driver is on who makes allowences for bad drivers, And ANGER MANAGMENT you are absolutly right the beach often becomes a testosterone (and other liquids) fueld race track.whats the hurry arnt we going there to relax.?
    And while Im on my soap box I believe all camping areas on the beach should have composting toilets and rubish bins, what do we pay all those fees for?
    PS Im a new member too I hope I have Introduced myself in the correct manner and havnt ruffled too many feathers .

this thread got a little sidetracked with discussion about rubbish, drinking, toilets - seemingly in an attempt to group so called hoons into the same basket.
    I've had 4x4 vehicles for years and have often driven like a hoon (your words) in the bush - circle work, rally (amatuer) driving, etc.
    I've had a few trail bikes too - and yes I rode them fast and did jumps and stuff.
    your impression of me driving my 4x4 in this fashion is "bloody idiot". A 4x4 can be used similar to a motorbike - I haven't seen too many people riding trail bikes in the bush at a sensible 40km/h lazily taking in the scenary. Occassionally you can use a 4x4 similar to a trail bike - to have some fun. Who cares if someone jumps their 4x4 - it's their money not yours.
    Sure there are people who don't know what they're doing or a just plain stupid, but to label everyone that doesn't drive their 4x4 at a leisurely pace an idiot is ridiculous.
    In fact I'm going 4x4ing to a camping spot tomorrow over beach and thru bush - I will be driving sensibly.

nisrol

WELL WHAT A CAN OF WORMS
    yep and i am joining the line it is not the fact that 4by's are dangerous it is the attitude of some of the generation that thinks bigger is better so they try to get there 4by 6 feet of the ground by raising it as far as they can ie:suspension lifts body lifts larger wheels you name it !.
    most of us here with any common sence know the higher you go then over you go! , yes i have been of road at bribie to poverty point where you would not get a 2wd but i also brought mone for the purpose of towing the boat .
    AND AS FOR SLOW OF THE MARK I DROVE TRUCKS FOR 13 YEARS ( WHAT DO YOU WANT A ROCKET POWERED 4 by THEN GO JOIN THE REST OF THE HOONS !)
    I myself own a diesel powered maverick and am happy towing my boat at 90kph .

nisrol

TO WHICH I WILL ADD THIS AND YOU RECON 4BY'S ERA DANGEROUS

cruiser

ronnie
    I have to agree with most of what you say as it is already fact, in America they have already increased registration fees, and proven they are unsafe especially 3 ton vehicles racing around suburban streets with high suspension and large bull bars. Why they need bull bars around the city goodness knows, they cause massive damage to cars and pedestrians. In other words they are already taxing them off the road. Some particular model have been proven to be unstable and roll easily. Others do not far well in crash tests or brake tests. Hence one city down south has banned them from parking around city and they have discussed banning them from around schools. Other reports recently reflect some 4 x 4 drivers having some mental inability or short in the pants department. Sure some of us really need one to suit our needs and most are responsible and like you said it only pointed to some drivers.
    Through the response it easy to identify the boy racers.

Quote Originally Posted by cooky
    Occassionally you can use a 4x4 similar to a trail bike - to have some fun. Who cares if someone jumps their 4x4 - it's their money not yours.
    Boy, you got it right just in that one statement...

The bloody Idiot drivers do the jumps on a crowded beach, and even have the gall to laugh at those people that had to scatter, so as to get out of the way. So who cares, it is clear that the BLOODY IDIOTS don't and I don't care who's money it is.

A busy beach, dozens of circles in the sand, a 4b rolled, the tyre has come off the rim... Doh The driver is having a dummy spit about some one telling him to let his tyres down.. ROFLMAO

No other parties hurt, we drive off and wonder what happened to the gene pool... NEED more Chlorine, over here :-)

Sure there are people who don't know what they're doing or a just plain stupid, but to label everyone that doesn't drive their 4x4 at a leisurely pace an idiot is ridiculous.
    As stated ... Bloody drivers, not the car... Judge people by their actions, not their looks or speach or culture.... You have to admit though.... In the REAL 4WD off road areas, that are not so easy to get to, you do see much less problems...

It is the long weekend, when the weather is great, that the good are well and truly out numbered by fools etc on places like Double Island or the beaches just north of Noosa.

In fact I'm going 4x4ing to a camping spot tomorrow over beach and thru bush - I will be driving sensibly.
    Glad to hear it and I trust you all have a great time, leave only foot prints and bring back more rubbish than you took.

NeilD

Hey Cruiser.
    Mate of ronnie 12 are you? Your writing style and message is very similar and you set up your membership the same way. I get a bit suss with two first time respondents seem to have the same message to push.

Neil

Horse, I think you nearly hit the nail on the head. I'll bet that Cruiser is the very RONNIE. If i am wrong i am sorry but i think i am right. Being so hello Cruiser and who are you and what do you drive.

Big_Kev

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser
    ronnie
    I have to agree with most of what you say as it is already fact, in America they have already increased registration fees, and proven they are unsafe especially 3 ton vehicles racing around suburban streets with high suspension and large bull bars. Why they need bull bars around the city goodness knows, they cause massive damage to cars and pedestrians. In other words they are already taxing them off the road. Some particular model have been proven to be unstable and roll easily. Others do not far well in crash tests or brake tests. Hence one city down south has banned them from parking around city and they have discussed banning them from around schools. Other reports recently reflect some 4 x 4 drivers having some mental inability or short in the pants department. Sure some of us really need one to suit our needs and most are responsible and like you said it only pointed to some drivers.
    Through the response it easy to identify the boy racers.
    Cmon Ronnie you think we are that simple.
    I thought that someone as wise as you would be able to do better than answer your own thread.
    I thpught for sure you would have something better to do at 5.30 am.

As previously stated I am sure that a lot of members are responsible drivers, however the minority sometimes ruin it for others. I have had several tips to Moreton Fraser and Stradbroke over 40 years, and seen a decline in these areas. Through this debate we have established if nothing else.
    • More law enforcement is required in these areas

• Toilets required and a general crackdown on rubbish disposal
      • Some cowboys actually bragged about their exploits which sometimes put their families or other families in danger

• Bull bars could be outlawed in years to come around cities, currently they are a danger to small vehicles
      More vehicle inspections looking out for oversized tyres or over raised suspensions
      • A different class of license should be issued

• Heighened bumbers are a danger to smaller vehicles especially side impacts.

• There are certainly safety aspects that have been highlighted in the past over these vehicles. A simple accident often see these vehicles upside down because of their high centre of gravity assisted sometimes with luggage carried on roof racks.
      There is a general push to increase fees/registration etc to tax them off our suburban streets.

Sure I know many personal friends who are responsible drivers and drive these vehicles accordingly and noted amusingly for many years that the owners who constantly bragged about their driving ability and conquests are normally the least talented. Sure these facts often upset enthuasists but are a reality and shortly I hope will be addressed.

ronnie..as for the rollovers..yeah usually only when a sedan hits them on the side...goes under them and rolls them. You also state about bull bars and bumpers being a danger to smaller vehicles..I hate to tell ya but the general idea of driving is to get from A to B without hitting anything or anyone..reasonably simple concept.
    As for bullbars...you seen those bicycle carriers on the front of BCC buses...they make bullbars look tame.

I get sick and tired of people constantly whining about something or other so I am gunna whine about the whiners..always something to carry on about..don't want this building..don't want this bridge..don't want these cars...don't want this..don't want that..thankfully previous generations were not like that or else we would still be on horseback and pumping water from wells.

Progress is continual..and will not stop...people just have to learn to adjust...and as for special licenses and rego etc...political suicide to the govt that brings it in..I doubt it will happen...pollies don't care much about anything but ensuring they get reelected.

Big_Kev

More law enforcement is required in these areas

More law enforcement could be argued for anywhere and everywhere. It is only the hot spots that will get the attention when needed.Thats the way it works.

Toilets required and a general crackdown on rubbish disposal

Probably correct but this has nothing to do with the Dangerous Vehicle debate and seems to be a problem in all nation parks. Even ANZAC Cove copped a flogging and I didn't see anyx4's tearing up the beach there. #

Some cowboys actually bragged about their exploits which sometimes put their families or other families in danger.

This happens anywhere and everywhere and is not only concentrated to this group. Ive noted hang gliders and parachutists brag the same way.

Bull bars could be outlawed in years to come around cities, currently they are a danger to small vehicles

Bullbars have become a fashion accessory and are pushed by dealers wanting to make more bucks. I think they are overused and not required in the city. I agree with you here.

More vehicle inspections looking out for oversized tyres or over raised suspensions

Vehicle inspections of all vehicles will reveal defective, unroadworthy and illeagly modified vehcles, and not just found in the 4x4 group. To single out 4x4's is discriminitory.

A different class of license should be issued

Better driver training and clasification for all forms of vehicles would be a great help. How many drivers of over 20 years experience can pass a written road rules test?(not a lot) as there is never a refresher required.

Heighened bumbers are a danger to smaller vehicles especially side impacts.

So why not just ban smaller vehicles instead of baning larger one's. At least the larger ones will fair better in a collision with a truck/bus/train.

There are certainly safety aspects that have been highlighted in the past over these vehicles. A simple accident often see these vehicles upside down because of their high centre of gravity assisted sometimes with luggage carried on roof racks.

This has been in practice since Noah was a boy. Seen it done on family sedans as well.

There is a general push to increase fees/registration etc to tax them off our suburban streets.

Oh yeah, from who?
    Dont forget that the people buying them new are wealthy middle class, who won't hesitate at paying extra.

Cheers Kev.

NQCairns

I learnt to drive a car through the late 80s I have lost track of how many donuts I have done or how many times I worked a vehicle hard through the gears and have even jumped cars at slow to stupid speeds once putting the engine through the radiator upon landing and once buggering a gearbox because I didn't declutch while in the air for landing.

Anyway everybody did it back then to some degree, it was fun and it was possible.

I think the problem now is population!! I/we could do it without pissing on anyones toes, the consequences were our own. Today there would have been wrinkled foreheads on many an oldies head if we dared the same thing in the same places. nq

I have a brand new turbo diesel Pajero fitted with upgraded brakes and rotors, Ronnie i challenge you to a test of acceleration to 100km/h then hit the brakes i know i will beat you in your environmently friendly hair dresser car! Find another forum to preach to chump!