Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WARNING, WARNING, WARNING - EVAKOOL

Re: WARNING, WARNING, WARNING - EVAKOOL

G'day Jethro6641,

I have just returned from a Trade Show in Canberra where a gentleman advised me of your chat room WARNING regarding your EvaKool Fridge/Freezer and the problems you are having with it. Could I ask that you contact me directly so that I may take control of your concerns directly.

Contact details appear below.

Regards,

Rod Miles
    National Manager
    Nexberg Pty Ltd t/a Evakool Ice Boxes
    16 Enterprise Street, Caloundra
    Queensland. 4551
    AUSTRALIA
    Tel: +61 7 5492 7777 Fax: +61 7 5492 7733
    Mbl: 0414.925.533
    email: rod@evakool.com
    web: www.evakool.com

CHRIS_aka_GWH

rod,

my evakool keeps running out of beer .....

I would be more than happy to Rod. I will call you on Friday. And thank you for taking the time to persue this.

This is the point I am trying to make for everyone out there that has read this. I am not asking for Evakool to fix the fridge for nothing, extend the warranty or take full responsibility for what has happened to the compressor. I was simply wanting to get what I considered to be a reasonable level of after sales service. As stated before this means a great deal more to me these days than many other things when researching and buying a product.

With the internet now being accessed by more and more people and with so many forums out there, alot of people are taking the time to ask questions of others to get opinions and information on different products to hopefully in the end form there own opinion. Sure you can get information from salespeople but to really get the good oil, asking someone who owns and uses the product can be much more accurate. Word of mouth can and will either make or break a business.

I am not simply wanting to bag a company out for no good reason. I am simply voicing my opinion on what I consider to be poor service.

I will post the outcome of my discussion with Rod.

Thank you to all who have replied.

Jamie

hi i will tell you about waeco and its shit service as i brought a 120l esky and it bubbled up so it was returned and replaced arter two weeks. > > > > > >Then the next one a went to pick up which is the replacement for the the first was opened up only to find a hole in the bottom of it so it was closed up and sent back again. > > > > >Third time lucky (not) and another three weak wait we opened this to find that the inside was rubbed back in places into the gel coat which i would say was to be resprayed but was never done so if you ask me about a waeco i would be glad to bag the arse out of there products so i went and brought a evercool esky and had a similar problem with a small bubble in the lid which i thought was going to be another waeco experiance but when i rang them they said it would be picked up from me as the bloke lived near me and was dropped back two days later and has been good for the last four years but i now have two ingel fridges and have never had a problem with there products thanks ash..... > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

I really love my evacool esky. the ice lasts heaps longer then my tropical one. it is easy to clean. and it is great to sit on in the back of the boat when my back is aching from standing up casting for hours!

I have got a Trailblazer 60 lt fridge. Had it for years (since 1995 I think). It hasn't missed a beat. Dosen't look as trendy as the others but I can't complain about the reliability. You often seem them on the back of utes out west
    Cheers,
    BillB

Well folks there are some decent people and companies out there and I am extremely happy to report that Rod Miles from Evakool is exactly that. For those of you who have read through this thread you will notice the concerns I raised and that Rod had posted a request for me to contact him direct. I did this last Thursday and was very impressed with how the matter was handled by Rod. He advised me that my expectations that the fridge should last a long, long time were correct and asked me to send the fridge up to him so they could test it themselves and provided me with a reply paid mail address. I sent the fridge off on the Friday and was advised by Rod that he would call me on Wednesday once they had looked at it and determined what was wrong. Sure enough Rod rang on Wednesday as promised and advised me the compressor had in fact siezed and put to me a very reasonable offer to repair the fridge, provide a new full warranty and freight the fridge back down to me. He even offered me a payment plan to pay for the repair costs and advised the fridge would be returned as soon as the first installment was paid and as soon as it was repaired.

To me this shows excellent service, integrity and a strong desire to keep the customer happy. Afterall Evakool do not make the compressor but as a company have taken care of the matter and now have another happy customer.

I cannot recommend Evakool as a company enough. I have always been happy with there product up until this fault occurred and the only reason I started this thread was due to the attitude of an employee.

Thank you to all those who have replied.

Good on ya Rod for providing excellent service and restoring my faith in your company.

Regards,

Jamie

Talking Re: WARNING, WARNING, WARNING - EVAKOOL

It seems you are all unaware that Evakool make both the Tropical and Down Under Iceboxes. The Tropical Iceboxes are simply Icemates with different stickers. As are the Down under iceboxes. Just food for thought....

Quote Originally Posted by jenna2007 View Post
    It seems you are all unaware that Evakool make both the Tropical and Down Under Iceboxes. The Tropical Iceboxes are simply Icemates with different stickers. As are the Down under iceboxes. Just food for thought....
    I'm not sure the two companies would agree.

EvaKool (division of Nexberg Pty Ltd) is an Australian company based at Caloundra QLD 4551
    Evakool and the factory seconds, Fishing Team, fibreglass boxes are manufactured by EvaKool in Queensland.
    IceMate, FridgeMate and IceKool are developed and marketed by EvaKool Ice Boxes Australia.

Michael Hillier's Downunder Ice Boxes is also an Australian company based at Warana QLD 4575
    Their Downunder fibreglass boxes are imported.
    They also market Tropical Ice Boxes & Downunder Five Star Ice Boxes.

Both IceKool & Tropical are imported, and are made in two different countries.

--
    Bev

White Ants in the Play-Pen
    Seafarer Ventura 17 rebuild
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=66409

I have a 35year old finch 3way that I aquired off my old man. He used to keep it on his yacht. I recently removed the old chipboard sides and made new ones out of plywood. Also repainted the the steel back cover. STill goes strong. So now I have a cf50 as a freezer and the finch (about 20litre) as a beer fridge. I put the thermometer in it the other day and when full of beer the temp is about 4degC, perfect!!!

AS for the evakool, my inlaws have a freind who has had one for ages and its a great unit. Uses the same compressor as the waeco, so if the evakool is crap then so is the waeco.

I have a Baileys 80l and a Baileys mackeral box both fibreglass, both 10-15 years old, both still perfect condition. when i went to buy one for son no one knew of them.

Where are they and/or what hapened to Baileys??

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    I have a Baileys 80l and a Baileys mackeral box both fibreglass, both 10-15 years old, both still perfect condition. when i went to buy one for son no one knew of them.

Where are they and/or what hapened to Baileys??
    Pretty certain that Baileys is now Evakool...

I have 2 evacool eskies, ranging from 50 to 65 ltr, and can't speak high enough of them.
    Graham.
    Last edited by whynott; 27-12-2007 at 07:15 PM.

Well,

I bought an Evacool icebox about 10 months ago, the white seals around the top of the base part are loose so it doesnt seal properly, doesnt hold temps well and still leaks through the bung ( after trying a new one), must of been made on a Friday. Lost the receipt, silly me but hopefully BCf should have my name on their database, ill be giving them a try as it has a 5 year warranty but if not i suppose a tube of silicone will have to do. Supposedly a great brand but I lucked out with this one.

My other old esky an Islander (similar to the Tropical) is still going strong after many years and half the price

mike
    Tangles KFC

Hi Mike,
    Did you fill in the warranty card when you purchased the box?
    If you don't have any luck with BCF contact Rod Miles at evaKool (details posted in his reply above). He's excellent to deal with :-)

--
    Bev

White Ants in the Play-Pen
    Seafarer Ventura 17 rebuild
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=66409