Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite Seafood!

hoge

Re: Favorite Seafood!

Localy caught Banana Prawns boiled in fresh water with 'rock salt' added during cooking. As soon as cooked, chiled in icy water with rock salt added again. Leave soak for about 5 to 6 hours then enjoy with an icy cold.

With the entree out of the way its time for the Main. Yellowtail Kingfish lightly fried in lemmon butter with a side serve of salad. Ejoy a mid priced Chardonay during this course.

Desert,oh did I say OYYSTERS, (au natural)

Now its time for the Gradfathher Port

mick

Prawns and Muddies

Id have to say sometimes the simple things are the best. I like things simple and yes I even eat the bait.

Fpr me Id go for Calamari hoods (heads off and gut removed) cross hatched with a sharp knife (not all the way through) marinated for an hour or two in honey soy garlic (or) sweet chilli (off the shelf) and then BBQ for a few minutes until cooked (not too long or they toughen). Its scrumptous - great for a BBQ or even as an entree at a dinner party. Dont eat it as a main unless you have a side of wok tossed veges as it can be a bit rich for some if eaten in larger quantities. As with all seafood - use the KISS principle and you cant often go wrong.

....and as for you DR Dan - not a pretty thought you beached whales frolicking off the Cairns beaches... but probably glad you did it now as your spot is probably now in a green zone.

cheers all

If you like battered fish, you should try this one. Serves four. 1 cup of SELF RAISING flour, add a sprinkle of garlic powder, pepper and salt. Then a teaspoon of olive or veg oil and mix together. Add COLD water until a light runny consistency (not too runny). Roll fish in PLAIN flour, dip in batter and cook, put on paper towel for a few sec's b4 serving. Beats anything I've ever had before and is dead easy. The self raising flour is the difference. No more soggy fish. Noel