Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NSW FISHING FINE

TIM-DONSELAAR

NSW FISHING FINE

if your gonna fish in NSW make sure you purchase a fishing licence,i fished with Rod (flickflack) yesterday in the tweed river and i received a $200 fine because i forgot to purchase a licence. #

cheers tim #

Re: NSW FISHING FINE

5 bucks or even 35 for a year verses 200, looks like they are policing it a bit better these daays tim,
    Cheers

Steven

finga64

Oops

Slient

Sorry to hear
    Beware to Queenslanders

Ouch.

Here is the link if you need to get one in a hurry, on-line.

http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/recr...al/Fishing-Fee

Regards Cameron.

land_based

I was in yamba for three days, almost forgot about it, got checked twice in 2 days while i was there, that was lucky!

Ouch...........

last time I went to Byron I got a 3day licence over the net....looks like they are checking close to the Border because of all the Queenslanders popping over for a fish.

Thats why I do not go to NSW.
    Just as many "free" fish up here.

I will be selling the boat and packing it in if they ever introduce one up here.

So if you do not pay the fine can they extradite you from Queensland?
    I wonder how many uncollected fines they have, I bet a lot of tourists just piss off home without paying.

I don't think that's the answer SeaHunt, before long you would have a warrant out for your arrest I'm guessing. I happily pay my $30 odd SIPS permit and only catch fish 1 in 3 trips, and would gladly pay the same for salt water if the $s were going to stopping idiots from raping our waterways by keeping everything that is unfortunate enough to grace their line. It comes up so often on this forum that honest fishos stand by helpless as these careless pricks do as they please ignorant or just apathetic to the damage they are doing. If we all paid $30 a year it would hire a lot of inspectors to clean up the image of Qld rec fishos. Give em the power to fine people for littering as well and it's doubly worth it in my eyes.

PS. Bad luck Tim, bet you'll remember the permit nest time.

^^ Couldnt agree more. I live in NSW and think nothing of paying the annual fee. Really its cheaper than a day on the water!
    Majority of the money goes back into grants and the like for breeding stocking etc. More fish for me to catch in years to come. A small price to pay IMO!

A bit of a negative response to NSW licences from you blokes. All funds raised from the rec fishing licences are placed into saltwater & freshwater Fishing trusts and can only be spent on projects to improve recreational fishing. Things such as Angel Rings & Life Buoys at popular rock fishing spots, FADS in coastal waters to attract more pelagics, Mulloway stocks in many NSW estuaries replenished with fingerlings etc.
    Fish habitat restoration in freshwater rivers, over 8.5 million fish stocked in NSW waterways last year, the list goes on & on. No wonder you blokes are coming down here to fish.
    A few bucks spent on a licence that is going to improve the future of our favourite pastime isn't going to make much difference Seahunt
    Cheers Peterr.

you also have to be careful s the nsw border goes up the coast past the land border out a bit wider in the ocean you can be in nsw waters even if sitting of a qld beach

Absolutely amazing eh? You cop a $200.00 fine for flicking a rod in the tweed river and the Indonesians who were caught fishing in our waters got a $5.00 fine. Gotta love the Australian "Injustice" system don't ya?
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY
    Absolutely amazing eh? You cop a $200.00 fine for flicking a rod in the tweed river and the Indonesians who were caught fishing in our waters got a $5.00 fine. Gotta love the Australian "Injustice" system don't ya?
    Dunno about that At least they didn't take his boat

Unlucky Tim. Wrong place wrong time. Fate I suppose

Got back to the ramp last week and a jennie crawled out from under the floor. I'd dropped it on my first lift of the day and forgot all about it (can't lift the floor till I'm back on dry land). If fisheries had been there, I'd've copped it!........next time out, they were there, so it only goes to show......right place, right time blah blah.

One consolation.....I may be losing my memory a bit but at least I've still got all my toes

Memo to self.....close off that hole in front of the floor.

kev

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

rotten bad luck Tim, you can tell State of Origin draws nigh, the Blues are getting officious already!