Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: barra fisheries at lenthalls dam

blue-mako

Re: barra fisheries at lenthalls dam

Hairymick: Dunno what was going on but is that lure an Attack lure? .

Troy

I have been fishing lenthalls since it came on line after the first stockings of yellas, silvers and bass. I have watched with great intrest the development of one of the best bass fisheries in the south-east area.
    I am sad to say that i have found that the bass appear to have become a bit gun shy when the BARRA come on the chew as the weather warms up, which is a bit of a shame as a full moon session in summer on surface lures for bass is great. Now a bloke has to contend with barra up to 80cm reduceing my lure supply at an alarming rate.
    All i can say to the restocking of bass or barra is not to become to one eyed in one direction or the other, LENTHALLS was once called the best bass dam in the south-east, I haven't heard this term us in a while now have we forgotten about the bass or just become BARRA addicts.
    I still love fishing LENTHALLS regardless of what is stocked but we shouldn't lose site of all the hard work that has been done in the past by the hardworking members of fishingstocking groups and local fishing clubs who started the stocking of this dam when it first was built.

go mad 100000 a year would be better.

Yes please more Barra, and good on everybody who gets off their arse and joins a stocking group!