Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rod Building Workshop/Weekend  Round UP !

Re: Rod Building Workshop/Weekend #Round UP !

I just want to thank Stuart for all his time and patience all of us amateurs, weather it was a major dillema or the binding snapping and the constant "Stuart" eminating from my corner, he stayed calm and reasonably sane through it all.

Thanks also to Roz and Phill for all of their organization and efforts for the weekend, the drive from agnes and back was surely worth it.

Thanks to Greg and Sue (dad and Mum) for hosting the rabble and all of their efforts in the refreshments department amongst all of their grandchild issues.

A great timr was has by one and all To theoldlegend, I think bright pink may look like the orange you already used, I would recommend something a little different.

CHEERS TO ALL 4 A GREAT WEEKEND

FLEA

to those who said theywould be there and did not show.... it was your loss
    to those who turned up well what can i say[ it was was fun]
    roz, mate we all thank you for the faith and insight you had to organise such a weekend .
    stuart,,, what can i sayyou are champion thanks for all the help, guidance and the extra bits
    greg and sue, guys thanks for putting us up for the weekend
    ryan, mate show the old man how it,s done and be proud[ wish my kids were like him]
    phill mate , a mate that works at the pub wanted to pinch the slug off me are that that good cheers to you all be proud of what you have done and progress from there[ and hound the shit out of stuart] cheers ian[sid]

John(TOL) you bloody ignore 'em mate, if you want a fluro pink and orange rod you go right ahead and make it. When they finally do a fishing float for that mardegra in Sydney you'd be on the list for a starring place for sure, go to it bloke!!!

stuart

I think you may need a welders mask to handle that rod. I mean bright pink and orange bindings, could be considered an environmental hazard. It may be confiscated on that basses alone.

Stuart

Hey tell them why you don't used fluro pink or orange
    They fade to quick in the sun light and then look like S##T house

Chai
    WHITE KNIGHT

stuart

White-night

I’m going to send my kid to the same school you went to. The obviously teach great English as well sentence structure.

Stuart

TOL,
    Is that you in the flannie shirt with the packet of Winnies in ya top pocket?????

Cheers
    Paul

Paul,

If you're talking about the old fart with the white hair, yeah mate, that's me.

I think the hair's a bit whiter after the binding effort.

Musy have been the Winnies Red that gave the game away.

I'll put up a post or two about the weekend.

TOL

Only got one guide then the binding in front of the fore grip and the tip to go before laquering. The Black Widow is nearing completion, got a new alvey reel [black of course] with lever drag and graphite backing to go with it, cant wait to slay a few bream with it, keep posted on your progress.

CHEERS FLEA

Quote Originally Posted by stuart
    White-night

I’m going to send my kid to the same school you went to. The obviously teach great English as well sentence structure.

Stuart

I told U STU I am half ITALIAN
    It's alright to put S##T on me as this will stop U putting it on some one else
    CHAI STU
    WHITE KNIGHT

Hey guys
    I had a good time building the rod at the place. Whne i got home the next day i did allthe bindings and got the guides on. I also applyed numerous coats of thread sealer to the bindings tomorrow am going to varnish the rod a few times and then its done. Come up really nice so far.
    Thancks for all the help. Ill see yas all another time.
    Cheers Rhyno

Quote Originally Posted by stuart
    White-night

Stuart
    Hey Stu here is one for you 56 and no grey hair .... not like some one I know 33 and grey.
    May be you should use grey thread for your bindings to go with your hair colour .
    Thank God we can both take a JOKE a mate not like some one else we know.

Chai from the
    WOG BOY And that means me the WHITE KNIGHT

It's about time I added my voice to last weekend's happenings.

Thanks very much to Greg and Sue for kindly making their house available for the weekend, plus all the food and refreshment.

To Roz, a huge thank you for a huge effort in organising the event and also to Phill for your support to Roz, as well as being the chauffeur.

Thank you Stuart, for your expertise and skill and patience. Binding mightn't be my forte, but I believe I've learned how to build a rod from the butt up.

Everybody else, and I hope I haven't forgotten anyone, it was tremendous to meet you all and the banter between the Nissan and Toyota camps was very good to listen to.

White Knight, it's really immaterial to me whether I used orange thread, shirtlifter pink, or purple thread with aqua blue and yellow polka dots. I was there to learn, and I'm sure I did. That's what it was all about. I hope the fish don't mind what colour my bindings are. Actually, my butt has never looked better. Don't know about your butt, but I'm quite proud of mine. I think it's my rear grip that really sets mine off.

No doubt the fishing world at large is a lot wiser now after your words of wisdom.

TOL

Hi Guys,

I won't have many chances to get in touch with all of you individually until I get home and back to my computer,

And YES, I have some great pics...sorry Greg it was me.

You are the best bunch of fellas, and I am so glad I got to meet you.

I want to adopt Ryan and Ruben.

Roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

LOL Roz..I know that.