Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharkat 700 Rebuild

Re: Sharkat 700 Rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Grand_Marlin
    I can however make you a good line guard for the motor

One of these days, mate, one of these days. Hopefully next weekend.

Good luck,
    Mike

Blue and Gold always looks good.

My brother in law recently cleaned up old volva gauges and installed on a custom made black alloy plate - so I think the carbon fibre look is a great idea. My father and friends get old motorcycle gauges looking almost brand new with a bit of work - so if you can keep the originals - you'll save heaps.

Otherwise you could go the patriotic Green and Gold - have some sort of Australian theme. It's an Australian icon in the boating fraternity (Sharkcat).

Gold hull, Green accent with Australian flag airbrushed to the rear quarter. Just some thoughts.

If you've got some some larger sized photos of the boat (resolution) I might have some time to do some photoshop work with options for you (purely for fun).

G'day
    Cooky, that sounds line a damn good idea.

Maybe some old WW2 style graphics like those of the lancaster bomber of some spunky lady in a bikini with the aussie flag wrapped around her and the name inscribed in that?

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

Fair Dinkum ... I've created a monster .....

Cooky, PM me your email address again - I will send you some pics

Cheers

Pete

Blue and Gold is far too Monarchist..... You'll have pasers- by saluting your CAT

Ahoj

Figjamm

Hi Pete,

She's looking good as gold #

Saw your Yatla rebuild and I'm sure this one will look just as good when you've finished her.

Can't believe you do this for a living, then play on your own in your spare time! Man, you need to get a life.... go fishing or something for a change

--
    Bev

Hi Bev,

Thanks for the comments

I would go fishing more often except for:

a) I dont have a boat

b) I cant catch fish (only pelagics ... I am good on them, but if i wanted a feed of Schnappers .... not a hope in hell)

One day .... one day....

Cheers

Pete

g'day pete, i think the gold will be a bit much to paint the whole boat, be a great accent colour though!!. are you using clear over base or a mono coat polyurethane 2 k? my offer stil stands!!

cheers

lippa

G'day Lippa,

Mate pm me your ph number, I would like to catch up and have a chat.

It is Dupont Imron 6000 matallic base, with polyurethane clear.

The monocoat polyurethane in metallic wouldnt give the same depth to the paint profile, or accent to the metallic I thought....

Cheers

Pete

Monarch stuff aside blue and gold does really work well.

But change the primary and accent colours around - use a metallic dark blue, with white and gold trim outside, obviously chrome / stainless as applicable, and then inside reverse the colour scheme so you keep the gold panel, but use white and dark blue trim.

This will make the boat look ultra classy.

Green would also work, but it would need to be a dark forest green in metallic. IMHO

I have embedded an attachment of a logo done in gold on black for our luxury train service to give an indication of how it could look.

Mike

Thanks Mike ... I just dont know ...

LIPPAAAAAAAA - HHHEEEELLLLLLLPPPPP

Here are a couple of pics of the trailer mods - before shot - it only had the centre bar part way down the trailer.

It now runs full length, to make it a viable drive on trailer .... only thing that worries me is the fact that a sponson could go up the centre of the trailer if I am not careful.
    I will have a look at it, but there isnt a lot I can do, as the Cat has a centre pod to direct flow around the leg. This would hit any cross bar at the end of the trailer....

Cheers

Pete

New Bars on Trailer
    Attached Images Attached Images

Centre Pod
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pete , got cat & trailer only has 50 mm rises each side of sponson to help
    guide her on.
    Basically trailer flat with teflon skids that are sikaflexed to flat and to rises on inside edge of tunnel.
    Yeh i avoid speedhumps at speed , but huge frame in middle is steerwith nuts poo.
    I have timber walkway full length of trailer , too easy.....

Pete , had another look at your trailer pics, where your teflon strips end i have 50 mm strip on inside of each sponson that is angled at about 40 degrees, this extra bit stops sponson drifting across trailer when you drive her on.
    My missus walks down 2 planks to start the boat on the trailer , once she is 1m on i yell out "getout of the way"( i gun it) she avoids 2 hulls and a winch post to enable me to come to within 20 mm of winch post .
    Huge.... winch on and we are off .
    The easiest boat retrieve and launch i have ever had...