Thread: Dino fish.

Dino fish.

Well, I finally went fishing today. My brothers and father and I went to a couple of places and caught a few fish. We caught bluegill, crappie (pronounced CRAH-pee ), largemouth bass, a yellow bass and a BOWFIN! I've never caught one of them before so I was very excited when I saw it. They say that these fish have been around since prehistoric times. Very neat looking. I'm sorry that I don't have pictures of all the different species but they are easily found on the net if you're interested. Here are a few pics we took.

Here's me with the "Dino-fish"
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

Re: Dino fish.

Close up pic.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

My brother with a crappie he caught. I love catching these!

Oops, forgot to mention that I caught it on a worm and all fish were released.

ugly looking thing eh,,,,,, fish is okay though ,,,

oh no i'm only joking el c ,,,i was trying to decipher what/where this fish hailed from,,,, its a got a bit of this,, and a bit of that all over,,, absolute great shot of the background in pic 1,,, looks extremley fishy,,

i think you were being a bit generous with the tape though in pic 3,,,

its good to see the different species caught from all over,,, i look forward to your next report,,,,,that reel in pic 2 looks like a diawa 3 series,,, am i close???

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Yeah, I'm not the most handsome of God's creatures. Of course, being a fat guy who just ran a pretty far distance (for a fat guy ) through tick-infested woods holding a dinosaur and a rod and reel doesn't help with picture taking either. I was trying to smile for the picture without passing out for lack of breath!

The reel is an older Mitchell (I think that's how it's spelled?) My brother bought it at a yard sale for cheap. I jealous!

The tape measure pic is a joke on me by my Dad. I always kid my brothers about the size of their fish and pretend not to believe them. Just as the pic was taken, my Dad says, "Here, now Tom can't accuse you of lying!" and puts the tape measure in the pic. So yeah, that tape measurement pic shouldn't be taken too seriously.

I hope I can make more fishing reports soon. I never get to go fishing any more it seems. Stupid schedules!

EC

Well done el_carpo! Its a shocking looking fish alright (i did say fish didnt i ???) lol.

I tell you what 'choppa' is right on the ball. That does look like a Daiwa Series 3! Ive got 2 of them on my rods at home and they are great little reels and ive never had 1 single problem with them, big or small. I just love Daiwa .

TinarooTriumph
    TT

Here's a close-up of the reel. I don't know if it will show up, but it says "Garcia Mitchell 300" on the side. I wonder if Diawa bought Garcia Mitchell? What really makes me wonder about this is the "3" and the "300." Sounds similar so maybe they kept producing the same reel or something like that with a slightly different name?

I'd look it up on the net and get you guys an answer myself but I really should get back to bed and elevate my ankle. I sprained it really bad this morning. It was all swollen and looking bad. So much for any fishing trips for a while.

Anyone have any pain killers?

Life is one kick in the neck after another!

Ah well.

EC

Cheers for the pic El_Carpo . Yer its not a Daiwa by the looks of it. First thoughts when i saw that pic you posted on the 25th (the combo and the fish) i immediately thought of it as a Daiwa. But that pic you have just posted cleary indicates to me that it is definetly not a Daiwa. Still, that Garica Mitchell looks like a good lil' reel mate, looks like its taken a few knocks like every reel should! .

Cheers. TinarooTriumph
    TT