Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kinchant Magic

Kinchant Magic

A couple of the fish caught at kinchant dam , all metre plus except one at 995 ....hey sammy..

Re: Kinchant Magic

Incredible! Those fish never cease to amaze me. How do they fight? Do they head for the horizon in one long steady pull or do they make quick bursts? Do they jump and fight near the surface or do they dive deep? I can't even begin to imagine how you could land something that big. The tail on them is as big as a canoe paddle! The closest thing I could do to battling a barra over here is to hook my line to a canoe and have my brothers paddle around a lake.

Great fish i8K! Congratulations!
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

Nice fish there fellas #[smiley=thumbsup.gif] Not bad for a ring tank

Cheers Les

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Good fish, mate. Kinchant is fishing quite well now.

Good on yous keep it up

Got this one 10.30 this morning from Kinchant

Neil_c

Excellent Barra fellas, it'll be interesting too see just how big they will get to in Kinchant.

Gday El Carpo, the fight can vary but generally Barra this size will be all power runs/dives with a jump now and again. In the timber you'll soon find out how good your knots are otherwise it's all over pretty quick

Hopefully you can get over our way one day and experience these big Mummas for yourself

Neil

Thanks Neil! I think those fish are the kings of freshwater sportsfish the world over. I know some catfish and salmon species get giant and there's some crazy looking fish in Brazil that resembles godzilla, but pound for pound, I bet the barra is the best fighter going.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

Beautiful fish there I8Krusty. Thanks for the Pics!!
    Cheers
    Don.

[smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif]

Your really wasting the time of the people who post these pics for our enjoyment and the people like myself who appreciate the time these people spend to post them.

Quote Originally Posted by dasher
    [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif]

Your really wasting the time of the people who post these pics for our enjoyment and the people like myself who appreciate the time these people spend to post them.

dont have a problem with that, I enjoyed the pic myself...just thought that it needed to be stated that correct measurements needed to be taken.

so maybe a post from you with your "qualifications" on the correct way to do it, would be well founded

cheers and thanks for your future post on that subject

Great fish and pics guys!

Panasonic - I don't think the pic is intended as a "how to" measure a fish, it's just a pic of a fish.

When you're fishing alone can be quite a job to get a pic at all let alone stuffing around with the brag mat too much, Especially when you're buggered after fighting a decent fish!

If you muck around too long the fish ends up dead and that's not good if you practise c&r

Cheers,
    Tony

spot on tony
    the post is about "Kinchant Magic" not about how to get measurements on a brag mat > > and there was no claim to a measurement on the mat anyway

Dan

Yeah Ive gotta agree fellas, I reckon thats a good pic and a great fish.

Well done boys thats what Im talkin bout !!!

Cheers
    James

certain posts and comments made by myself and others have been removed from this topic by Ausfish

at my request, so to add to this would be detrimental to the website