Thread: 7.11 N.J. #U.S.A.largemouth

7.11 N.J. #U.S.A.largemouth

hi all,haven't been around for a while.glad to see you all doing lots of catchin'.
    here's one i got a while back in 60ft of water on a weightless wacky rigged senko.

Re: 7.11 N.J. #U.S.A.largemouth

Nice one Tom. Going out this arvo to see if I can catch a few of their Aussie versions.

Nice fish mate! The closest I will ever get to catching one of those Largemouth Bass is on my Playstation 2 playing Rapala Pro Fishing . Well done

TT
    TT

Re: 7.11 N.J.  U.S.A.largemouth

look at the gob on that, nice fish love to have a go 1 day

nice fish they remind me abit of a cod with the colour and that bucket mouth. as tt said playstation 2 is the closet ill ever get. cheers bdowdy

Nice LM Bassintom. Senkos rule!

By the way, the fish in your avatar picture is a biggun too! Was that also in NJ?

They don't grow them like that in Illinois, or if they do, I haven't been able to find them.

Nice fish! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

EC
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

I would love to get amonst those large mouth bass........... one day maybe

Top fish
    Cheers

Id love to catch one of those puppys. Watched a few of your Bass touraments on tv and it seemed to me you bass have a softer take on the lure then our native bass. When Aussie bass hit its one minute your workin the lure the next you get belted and its on for young and old, little or no warning. However when i watched your Pro's fishing you could tell exactly when they were going to set the hook. They seem to feel the fish then let it take the lure then yank its head off with a massive strike and then proceed to skull drag it into the boat. Fast and furrious. Is this right or am i off with the fairies on this one.
    C Ya

Staggy

I think you're probably right staggy. Your bass is akin to our white bass (sort of). The largemouth is not a speedster. It is an ambusher. They hang out in heavy cover for the most part and attack prey as it comes. When they hit, they aren't really looking to run off with it. They either eat it where they are or swim back to their cover spot with it. Not always, but usually.

The white bass on the other hand travel in schools usually and hunt. They are always on the move. When they hit, it's at full run and they keep going.

The fights are different too. LM bass pull and stop, turn, pull and stop again, and they dive deep or launch in some pretty cool jumps. The white bass is a sprinter. They never really jump but dart all over and don't slow down.

I love catching both of them. Each has a different approach. Then again, there aren't many fish I don't like catching. My favorite is the smallmouth bass.

As far as the head ripping off hook sets and skull dragging goes. That's T.V. for you. Gotta make it high energy excitement "to the extreme!"

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"