Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: LIVE BAITING OF THE ROCKS

Re: LIVE BAITING OF THE ROCKS

wish i was as old/young as Beersy - fishing in your time sounds awesome!!!
    i would give anything to go back in time!!!!
    cant wait till they invent a time machine-i'll be the first person to buy one . . . LOL

Everyones a sceptic eh Beersy ???
    I'll be keen to see the footage - for sure - any time you want to send it over[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Sceptic?

LBG is not near as good as 20years ago
    BUT
    theres are still enough fish left to please us

Sceptic comment not directed at you mate although I'm sure plenty of guys read '17kg yfin off the rocks' and said to themselves yeah sure!!

Totally agree Saen - plenty more fish around even 10 years ago but there are still good fish around to be had if ya do the hard yards

Yes, im having doubts now tooooo.....
    i read it on fishnet, but hes a bit cautious about showing any pics

just the thought of a y'fin so close to my ledges got my hard racing

and yes there are still good fish, but alot of time and effort has to go with it
    and
    crap like tailor, salmon, garnets, boats and MONEY isnt really a great help

where are you from? whats your history?

Beersy,

Are you going to open the account with the footage of you tossing dental floss at bluefin and getting spooled? That would be good to see. Still appreciate the viewing of spinning for spaniards you offered me a few years back. That still keeps me going, Calcutt was right on the pulse back then eh.

Cheers
    Stephan

Just too let everyone know that I dont doubt that a YFT was caught off the rocks just that it wouldn't have been caught off the gong.
    I have seen fin off the rocks hooked up in the last couple of years so I dont doubt that they are there.You just have too put in the hard yards.

Gaffman

Gaffman,

I would have no doubt that a yellowfin has been caught off the 'gong. There are a couple of good ledges in that area that fin would happily cruise past when the water was right. Also considering the relatively good 'fin fishing off that part of the coast you would have to expect a few to get off the stones there every year.

I know for a fact that yellowfin have been sighted around the ledges of Batemans Bay area, The Central Coast, Pt Stephens, the Mid north coast, and of course Sydney so why not the 'gong?

It's a simple case of being there at the right time on the right day when it comes to fin off the stones these days. The only way to ensure you're there is to fish every day. Something I dream of doing every day of my life.

Cheers
    Stephan

Stephan

When I say the gong I mean wollongong. not shellharbour, not kiama , not P.K
    When someone says they got it at wollongong I expect it will be a ledge specifically there. ( so thats why I find it hard to believe)
    There are ledges at those other spots that I know that fin have been caught

Gaffman

Da Da do Da Di dada do do do dobi dobi dodo

(just whistling the theme to "the great escape" to myself) #

Saen,
    Read it on f'net too - and have been harassing for an answer but doesn't look like it's coming
    All of the crap you mentioned just makes it all the more worthwhile when a good fish is landed
    I fish sydney ledges with a couple of nth coast jaunts when I get the chance - none this year tho...... >

Stephan,
    He was chasing them on 3kg wasn't he ???
    Would have been funny being on the ledge and watching Beersy hit record when he saw a pod, then race down and launch a chromie into it all, then hook up and get smoked.... [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Hood, it was 2kg....caught 'em on 10 and 6 that day, thought I'd try something a bit harder.....not the smartest thing I've ever done . Last reasonable yellowfin I caught was five or six seasons back. '96-7-8 was good to us. We get a season with good current and they'll be back. Boaties get 'em a kay or so out off here most years, just gotta be on the stones on the day. These days if you're limited to weekends or holidays then the odds of getting one are pretty long. Stephan, got to sit in on a radio interview with the great Ron a few weeks ago about the Spinning for Spaniards thing. Man's an absolute legend. Transcript and/or audio should be on the Travelling Fisherman site in a few weeks if you're interested. cheers, Beersy

Beersy,

Will have to check the site out on that one. You'd have to feel somewhat honoured to sit alongside a man like Ron. I think everyone worth their salt these days would put him at the top of the tree when it comes to fishing pioneers. He open our eyes to so much back when he was out there doing it.
    Look forward to the good water coming past our coastline again. Would be good to have a crack at a fin one of these days. In the mean time I'm still going to chase what ever the hell gets off the stones because as you say unless you're out there you're not going to know what the hell is going on out there.

7 days and counting till arrival.

Cheers
    Stephan

my mate caught a 115kg marlin (dunno what sort) live baiting off the rocks on the south coast