You catch any of them Bige? Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Re: Sounder Reading

Sure did
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice mate. I like it when tech actually helps catch fish (still have to know what your doing with a rod in your hand of course but modern sounders are awesome).

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Hi all, wondering if I can get options on my sounder readings from the last 2 trips out fishing for mackerel. The first week I got a 15kg Spanish and a couple of longtail tuna. Second trip nothing. I get solid shows as per below and the fish were caught close to where the sounding is but although I know all fishing (esp mackerel) can be hot and cold but I would think towing live slimes through these shows would at least get a hit if these were mackerel or tuna. Do you guys adjust sounder sensitivity when in close? I leave mine on auto low? Opinions on what these are please. Cheers Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images

With Spotties/Doggies/Spanish both my Garmin units will likely show some scuzzy baitball hugging the bottom or bommie with more distinct individual mackies in a school above and the bait will often be tighter and more concentrated and probably closer to the bottom if the Mackies are actively feeding ......up here you can be hooking the different mackie species one after the other but then soon as you approach high tide and the run slows then the fish go off the bite sometimes even while you are watching them swim around totally ignoring whatever you throw at them.....you can also try dropping a metal jig without wire with a fast retrieve and sometimes even jag a curious fish thats followed the jig even if they are not hungry...

Hi disordely thanks for the reply. What do schools of tuna look like for u? Most things I’ve read on Gold Coast mackerel prefer high tide and full moon. I towed around for a couple of hours after the high which put me in the “bite time” according to almanac. 1 good fish makes the day. Cheers and thanks again. Paul