Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MISSION POINT 19 OCTOBER

Re: MISSION POINT 19 OCTOBER

I will be there with my deckie (son) and will have firewood, 20 l of water, table, gas stove and light.

I will be there on the friday after my night shift so i guess about 10 - 11 ish.

As for the tides friday low 1.53 am & 1.46 pm and high at 7.46 am & 7.56 pm

Sat - low 2.26 am & 2.27 pm
    high 8.21 am & 8.30 pm

Sun - low 2.56 am & 3.03 pm
    high 8.55 am & 9.01 pm

Add 50 min to the above for donnybrook.

I would suggest people take some firewood as there will be none there.

Should be a good time and will be good to meet others off the site.

gruntahunter

Hey Brian r they brisbane bar tide times mate?

gruntahunter

Brian do you know what the tides are mate , will it be running like buggery or not?
    bricks in the crab pots maybe.
    I think its full moon on the Sunday

They are brisbane bar times donnybrook you need to add 50 mins.

The tide will flow at a fair rate as there is about 5 foot movement but should be no problems with pots.

Glassmountain Ck should be a top loaction at the moment for crabs as would some parts of Tripcony Bight (just opposite Mission pt)

Brian

gruntahunter

only 7 more sleeps

Hey guys about the bait....were gonna get some worms but we've never fished Bribie area before and were wondering what the yabby bank situation is like up there?
    Are they close to the campsite? are they prolific enough...

7 MORE SLEEPS!!!

gruntahunter

should be no probs getting yabs Sam, I'll make a deal with you.I'll show and you pump.OK? lol

Hey Grunt! No wuckers mate we got the yabby pumping thing down pat. With a little TEAM EFFORT we'll be able to provide yabbs for everyone.
    Me and Dom were planning our trip last night and he wasa concerned about running out of worm bait, but i said there would be plenty of yabbs up there.

Were also bringing a friend along his name is YELLABELLY he's from Roma and cant wait to come along

There are plenty of good yabby banks close and these will produce with little effort more than enough yabbies for a full days fishing. These banks will also produce some good whiting.

There are a few locations you can dig your worms although i have never tried it to much like hard work.

Just be aware a few banks north of camp if you jump out you well be up to the crown jewels in mud, not that i've been caught before

A walk south of camp will put you onto some good banks to chase flathead and a 2 min walk north will put you at a great night whiting spot. To fish this spot, best to have some dead are not so lively yabbies pump the area as the tide rises and toss the dead yabbies out closely followed by the one on your hook and wait for the action. More than a few 500 - 600 gram whiting have been caught here.

Also at night where we are camped you can live bait or strip bait fish the ledge and you will stand a good chance of a cod or mangrove jack if you can get them over the ledge.

My son intends on bringing some bigger gear for some night action at the ledge.

As for Mudcrabs Glassmountain ck is proberly the best option although don't leave a float on over night otherwise you may not have a pot the next day A sad reflection of the times. If you prefer to work your pots there are other close by locations that will work as well. Chicken frames from what i here are the best baits to use.

So bring a few pots as the sound of chillie crab for dinner sounds like a good idea for Saturday night

There are plenty of grunter about as well and genie pig pellets are the best and used as burly to attract these fish. They can be chased in glassmountain ck or up coochin ck

As for mangrove jack due to the big movement in tide i would prefer up elimba ck along the rock walls. This is also a good spot for flathead. Not sure how the mouth of this ck is at dead low maybe a tad shallow but well worth an explore for chasing the flathead as the channels are narrow.

Anyway if you have never been to donnybrook before there are so many options it will be hard to figure out where to start

Don't worry about the sand flies i killem all last weekend

Don't forget the firewood however if someone in a bigger boat can take it over i will cut a heap up and put it in a few milk creates.

Who's going up the friday ???

5 sleeps to go

Hi Guys,I missed the beginning of the trip details. Does everyone go up for Friday and saturday night? If so when are you arriving/leaving? I'd love to come along. There's just myself in a 4.2m boat so if anyone needs a ride.

Cheers MON.

Howdy Mon, I think that everyone is going at different times. I will be heading up early Saturday morning with my crew (Araby Dog and Yellabelly). Will be bringing firewood.

gruntahunter

hey I,m goin Friday arvo and will bring shitloads of firewood, just have to do 2 trips thats all. Got my young fella ..member "freddo" and one of my staff .
    Looks like theres quite a few rollin up so we might have to double up or even triple up at the camping sites, so think about this when you erect your tent fellas.
    See you all there.

G"Day Dom,The last time I was there the best section was out from the main camping area but at the top end,it was a bit muddy at low tide on the bottom side,I should be over there 'round noon on Friday.cya.Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

Hey Grunta, you mentioned that you would be bringing one of your staff, just wondering if that staff member is a truck driver.LOL

gruntahunter

yes Dom