Thread: Gove

Gove

Had no time for a break after the wedding a few weeks back so I asked the little missus were would she like to spend a week away with me in 2005.
    I knew I had married the right woman when she answered Gove in the Northern Territory.
    Booked and payed the deposit on a charter today for easter 05(just in case she changes her mind).
    I was wondering if anyone out there in Ausfish land has taken a trip with Gove Dive And Fishing Charters. All the info they sent me sounds great. I tried several other charter operators in the Nt and found it difficult to get anyone to reply to my e-mail requests. GDAFC were on the ball so they got my hard earned cash.
    So now Im sure I will find some more excuses to visit the local tackel shops before heading north.
    Catch Ya Later.

Staggy.

Re:  Gove

Staggy.I spent some time there about three years ago.The charter you have booked on seems to be the one most people went for. One charter that had a lot of unhappy customers was Walkabout charters,but I don,t think they operate now.Because I drove in and had my own vehicle I was able to get to many a great fishing spot.You could also hire tinnys and there was good fishing not far from the boat ramp.

Re:  Gove

G-day BJ.
    Walkabout charters does not operate any more under the new management.Or so the bloke told me when I rang them after getting no response from the internet site.
    Now they just supply accomodation starting at $150 a night and you have to organise your own guide for around $260 per person a day. GDAFC supply the accomodation(at walkabout lodge) and guide for less then I can doing it for myself.

In the info I was sent they recomend as light fishing tackle a rod in the 12kg range running 20lb braid. Med around 15kg running 30lb braid. My heavest is 8kg with 20lb braid. I wonder how many lures Im going to donate to the local bullies.

Should be interedting.

Got to go.
    C Ya

PS Thanks for the reply.

Staggy.