Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Agnes Annual M & G. Oct 2006

Re: Agnes Annual M & G. Oct 2006

Well so far the silence has been deafening. I have this little place booked that is , according to my friendly real estate lady, just down the road from where Peter aka Searaider2 will be staying and within wobbling distance from Roz's place.

My wife and I are pretty good cooks. Missus is Japanese so is pretty handy with seafood. I do a wicked Thai marinara curry. We both drink, swear and fish. Not necessarily in that order.

PM me if you need a bed. We are gearing up. I just got approval from the financial officer to put a new autopilot electric on the tinny and the CTE 400 Calcutta is on the way as well. Woohoo!

Can anybody that has fished both Awoonga and around 1770 tell me what the boat ramps are like? Do you guys have 4WD's because of the state of the ramps or just coz ya have big boats? We have a little boat and standard family car towing it. Will we be ok?

Mark

searaider

Geday themooks ( Mark ).
    Looks like we are going to be just about neighbors .
    Your just across the road at Number 14 & we are in Number 9 .

Roz's place isnt far away, easy walk up the hill , just watch out for her driveway .

Regarding the boat ramps .
    * 1770 has 2 next to each other & one steeper than the other .
    Wont be a problem with a standard vehicle .

* Awoonga Ramp .
    I have only been there Once and we launched at a ramp in the skiing section .
    Its steep & a long reverse to the water .
    From memory its a good ramp & fully sealed in either Concrete or Bitumen .
    If you have a front wheel drive or the ramp was wet from the rain , retrieving the boat may get interesting , but I think should be doable ?

Hopefully one of the more experienced guys will give you some additional feedback .

OVER TO YOU TONY

See you there
    Peter
    Searaider 2

With kids in different schools I'll have to check those dates, would be damn nice though to pop up.
    But if I bring the kids (13, 11, 10) I'd have to stay in a place where they could have a ball, go exploring & play etc.... That usually entails other kids so renting a house off on our lonesome may not be their idea of fun, maybe a camping area is better??
    And I enjoy a place where I can catch up with people yet be able to have a drink and then walk home at the end of the night.
    Anyone with a knowledge of the area and who knows what I mean can inform me of the most suitable options
    thanks.
    BB

mark, i will be staying with pete,
    i just hope you dont snore to loud [smiley=sleeping.gif]
    cheers dale

Mark,

Re boat ramps.

Basically repeating what Pete has said.

The boat ramps at 1770 are excellent, you will have no problems on any tide and any vehicle....even cruisers!!!!!

Also adequate trailer parking. Would have to say at this point the boat ramps at 1770 leaves most boat ramps down here (NSW) for dead, sad but true.

Awoonga is also very good, 4WD not necessary there.

As for my drive way.....nobody wants the job of putting the wheelie-bin out on Monday nights. On the other hand, the view makes it worth while.

cheers roz

GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Thanks for the goss on the ramps people. As long as our little Pintara makes it up there it should handle the ramps.

Here's a question that may or may not be silly. Has anybody tried eating barra from Awoonga? I live with a chef that tried numerous ways of cooking bass from Hinze dam and all were dismal failures so it was c&r only from then on.

I know barra and bass are chalk and cheese but I am wondering if fish that never leave the fresh water would be a bit bland on the chew.

Freshwater Barra, well you'll never, never know etc !

We actually thought about that last time we were there, but deciding to keep the next barra in the boat proved a problem, we didn't boat anymore !

I dug out a recipe for freshwater Barra.

you'll need:-

2 eggs, 1 cup of corn flour, 1 cup of plain flour, teaspoon of salt, 500mls of Soda water, 1 bay leaf and some curry powder. Now that you have all those ingredients out ..........put them back and pop up to Roz's place for some Chilli Mud Crab

cheers phill

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Further, should anyone book a house or any type of accom, click on this link to see where exactly you are staying. You must know the name of the street you are staying in.

http://www.whereis.com/whereis/home.do

Cheers Phill

Seeya there, this could be fun with a few fishing clubs involved

Everyone is welcome!

cheers roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Just mentioned it to the wife. She was in shock, wot me planning a holiday ahead of time...
    Anyway she was keen and I figure that if we head for the campgrounds we'll find plenty of other kids and be within a short walk of the beach.

Not sure if I will tow the Haines up though, its a long heavy tow with camp gear. All depends upon the chance of a deckie spot though as I will wet a line!

BB

MMM Bugga. I have just been informed today, that the camp ground at Jeffery Court is now fully closed down. Developers have got their mits on it.

So if you are intending to camp BB, best to head down to 1770 grounds on the beach.

Cheers Phill

the_baker

Lucky Phill

the_baker here. I eventually got online. No longer in Agnes at the Pie shop. Good to see you advertising the pies but unsure of what they are like now. Living on the Sunshine Coast now but I am hoping to get to the Agnes meet in October with the Wife (Michelle).

Whereabouts are you looking at staying!!

Cheers Dave

Bugga!
    Just checked those dates again and reread the post. You obviously booked it to be outside of school holidays not inside them.
    Got a teenager who can't miss a week of school so we'll have to go up the week previous. Oct 2-7

Sorry BB, but the difference between the cost a decent holiday house in season and out is around $300. And that buys a lot of fuel, beer, pillies and Chilli Sauce.

Maybe you can stay for the night of the 7th ( Saturday ) and come along to the mini M & G, where everyone should be there. Going home Sunday should not be a problem with a teenager to help you unpack.

So as a suggestion, book for 8 nights ? That's if you get into the camp ground ! any plans yet ?

Good to see you here Dave. and NO, the bloody pies are not the same and I can't get a decent Beef & Burgundy pie anywhere ! nudge nudge, wink wink !

As for accom, I have managed to grab a Futon at Roz's place along with Team ReBait, Herby and Co. Sounds like it'll be crowded, but if there is too many there, we'll ask Roz to move down to the backpackers for the week

I;m sure someone will have booked a place and will be looking for a Ausfisher or two to share the costs etc.

Cheers Phill