Thread: QLD Boat registrations to hit 200,000 by March 06

QLD Boat registrations to hit 200,000 by March 06

Just read in the local rag that boat rego's were to hit 200,000 early next year for QLD (currently increasing at an average 760 per month!!!!)

Interested to hear your thoughts if you feel that the state gov are keeping up with the supply of facilities in pace with the growing demand......or can you see a day when a 1-2 hr wait to launch / retrieve a boat on a weekend is the norm at most of the popular ramps around QLD (if this is the ways it's going, my boats for sale!! )

Re: QLD Boat registrations to hit 20,000 by March

If Redland Bay ramp is anything to go by 'fat chance'

redspeckle

Re: QLD Boat registrations to hit 20,000 by March

The State & Local goverments can't maitain what they got let alone build new Boating Facitiles eg can even keep the channel's a safe boating depth [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]
    But they can channel the extra money into other areas of Goverment to prop up the departments with it [smiley=furious2.gif]

Mitch

Re: QLD Boat registrations to hit 200,000 by March

vic1 the qld boat ramps are the ants pants compared the ones down south, try launching port philip bay on a weekend ..newport or st kilda are a joke and if ya want to see ramp rage thats the place and if thats not enough they get to charge you ten bucks for your trouble.......arch

I read in this months BnB how the two lane ramp at Currumbin was washed away by the recent floods, so the Council #replaced it with a flash new single lane ramp #

200.001 [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

I wised all the taxes paid by fisherman and boaties went back into helping fisherman and boaties.

Instead of going into Consolidated revenue to prop up other ailing government issues etc.

Louis