Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: hundreds of dead undersize whiting

Re: hundreds of dead undersize whiting

bug man checked all those sites and looked particularily at the dates all 2004. not currant information im afraid. gulf tiger season was open last year in august as stock levels showed recovery to a sustainable level.[ that wud be 2005] . try searching for sum currant info tho id counsel staying away from abc sites if u want to do so.

I think what I was trying to say Waldo is that the article you were referring to on the ABC site was actually quite old. The ABC site hasn't actually published any items (non news) regarding brown tigers for quite a few years. You'll notice the lab article was actually written in 2003 at the height of the concern over the sustainability of the brown tiger. Even the federal minister was concerned at its fate - as shown in another of the links provided.

Don't worry mate - I can get my hands on much more up to date and important Qld fishery data without having to rely on the ABC

well it would appear that we were saying the same thing bugman and yes getting hold of any info about anything is easy if u have the right http or type the right words in a search engine. and of course the abc hasnt published any positive news re any fishery recently...... their green tinge is an out n out lush verdancy. wasnt aware that u were trying to point out the time delay with the articles u highlighted....just didnt come over that way to me but hey thanx for ur honesty and involvement.

bugman ps the fact that the abc only has old articles which support a green agenda........so much for tax payer funded impartiality