Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Support Shane Boese TFPQ Candidate

BAIT_MAN

Re: Support Shane Boese TFPQ Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz
    [quote author=RASA link=1155715416/45#55 date=1157456371]Chaz
    I guess this means that you know all the policies of the somebody else who you are voting for.
    Bob Smith
    Yes Bob, pretty much. #And major party policy statements help me predict how a candidate affilitated with a major party would vote on a range of issues. #I know where Shane stands on fishing issues - I want to know what would happen if an issue like Abortion (just an example) came up. #

Quote Originally Posted by RASA
    Also would somebody else or anybody you voted for before represent the best interests of ALL his constituents. A very rare commodity in major party structure.
    You can't please all of the people all of the time. #I will vote for the person who will represent me on a majority of issues important to me. #I don't know how Shane might represent constituents on anything other than fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by RASA
    You can have an each way bet by giving Shane No 1 to make the single issue protest and then give No 2 to the bloke who addresses ALL your issues #and then walk away. Just a thought.
    You make a good point here and I am considering the value of a protest vote. #My concern is that the person who gets my number 2 vote might not get in. #If Shane does get up, in this scenario, I don't know if he will represents my interests.

I appreciate your input. #You might have guessed that I am trying to make sense of it all and I do think my vote is important.

Brenden

[/quote]

"Brendan you are obviously politically astute & one of the very few voters who carefully analysis every candidates policy platform. This is rare and nice to see an individual so careful about the real value of their single vote.
    All I offer voters is me, a family man, a small business owner and a person who shares all the same issues as the majority of Australians. I have children going through school, I have a mortgage, I need a decent and affordable health system and I hope that we have environmental policy from Government that will allow us all to enjoy what we have and maintain it for the future. If elected on Saturday my greatest attribute will be my ability to listen and take advice from my electorate before I act, not be dominated by big party policy. If that's not what you want from a representative, then I would suggest you not vote for me.

Regards # #
    Shane Boese # #
    Inderpendent Candidate for Cleveland # #
    Endorsed by The Fishing Party Queensland #

I have read this last discussion with interest... Chaz you do seem like a thoughtful person - I really hope that your chosen candidate does whatever you want him to do... but I'm guessing that he/she probably wont... Most of the "other" candidates have to vote along party lines... no one really cares what their personal opinion is, its called Party discipline. Sometimes the coalition can "cross the floor" on a conscience vote, labor aren't permitted such luxury - to cross the floor and vote with the opposition is political suicide. But thats just my observation and understanding of the caucus system... I can stand corrected.

I know Shane personally and I know he will always try and do the right thing of course in line with his own belief system and after calculating the effects of his actions on others. But that doesn't mean that he will always do what everyone else including you want him to do. Anyway the argument is largely academic the chances of him actually winning the seat are astronomical given the fact that there are no preference flows in this seat.

What we are trying to do here is not win the seat but get enough votes to send Beattie a message that the fishing vote counts, thats why it is important - if you live in the electorate to vote for Shane. A vote for Shane sends Beattie the message that he cant take the fishing public for granted, that he has to pull up his socks and be responsible to the people and not his own agendas. Its not about how Shane will or wont represent your interests, its all about the message.

Chaz through all the discussion, there is still one thing to be established: Do you live inside the Cleveland electorate? If yes PM Shane your address and he can send you some flyers with further info. If not then you cant vote for him regardless of how well suited he is to satisfying your representational needs.

Just my 2 and a half cents

just a pity the TFPQ is not ratified for the up and coming elections.
    Make the process of voting that much more difficult for the ordinary working man that does not understand the process.
    Guess I'll just throw a dart for all the good it will do.
    Any suggestions as to who to vote for in the Deception Bay area would be a great help.
    Tez

Adamy..caucus is the meeting of all the Parliamentary representatives of a political party...this is usually behind closed doors. At these meetings many items are discussed and debated and voted on. All members have the right to voice thier consent or dissent at these meetings...BUT...once on the floor of the House the Party MUST show a united front. Occassionally it may be decided that Members may have a conscience vote during the division (the vote).

The worst part of Parliament is question time...Dorothy Dix questions where a Member will ask a Minister a question..funny that they are from the same Party...then you get the Minister launching into a diatribe about how good they and their policies are.

If you want to know how good a Minister is, wait for a question without notice from the opposite side of the Chamber or from the Cross Benches...that can make them squirm a bit.

Don't get Caucus meetings confused with Cabinet meetings..Caucus is for all elected Members of the Party..Cabinet is only for Ministers or Shadow Ministers. Under the current FOI laws in Qld, minutes of Caucus meetings are available..Cabinet minutes are not...that is why Beattie runs a lot of things through Cabinet...cannot access them via FOI. Hardly open and accountable Government.

Yeh Pinhead - I get your point about the caucus and the exact one I was making - as you said inside the caucus they can say what they like - after that its a united front...they dont get the opportunity to cross the floor and vote with the opposition on matters of legislation - where all MPAs can vote.... possibly I didnt say it properly.

And your point about the Dorthy dix questions... well made... you wonder why they even ask them - its pointless... well not actually POINTless - cause they do it for political POINT scoring to get the "achievements" into hansard so that they are "on record"... hmmm so yes totally pointless.

But I dont think Shane will ever have to worry about cabinet meetings, caucus votes or the like... so at least thats a good thing ....IF he won all he would have to worry about is representing his constituency... the people of Cleveland and US... the fishos of Moreton Bay... one more reason to support him over the major parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Boese
    If elected on Saturday my greatest attribute will be my ability to listen and take advice from my electorate before I act, not be dominated by big party policy. Regards # #
    Shane,

I admire your ideals and stated intentions. All the best for Saturday. I will be taking some time to consider your reply and many of the other comments in this thread.

Brenden

Some encouraging media for Cleveland -Courier Mail Sept 7 >

"Labor insiders are describing their own internal polling as "lumpy", with the party facing large swings for and against it throughout the state.

In other areas, support has remained unchanged since the election began. In a shock result, Labor is at risk of losing the safe seat of Cleveland, which had a margin of 8.7 per cent under the retiring Daryl Briskey."

Bob Smith

The fishing vote might be sinking in

S.S.

Let's hope so..... fishing is a part of more people's lives than what we realise. How many advertisements do you see with people fishing or there's some reference to fishing? From car ads to pizzas and last night there were new retirement villas up for sale at Cleveland..... the lady in the ad wanted to go shopping and her hubby .... FISHING

Sure we have roads, schools, health and other issues to think about but there will always be a major party stuffing that side of things up for us all

I'm all for lifestyle. I love my fishing, four wheel driving and camping. Slowly but surely the opportunity to participate in these activities is being taken from us. Are the green groups only going to be happy when we're all sitting around city cafes drinking green tea and eating mung bean salads?

I'd like to see a balance and at least The Fishing Party, or in this case Shane Boese (ind) at Cleveland may be able to offer it to us.

Good luck Shane

Good Luck tomorrow Shane.

Fishers state wide need an effective voice in the halls of power.

Best of luck to the Nthn candidates too.

regards
    Steve.