Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Support Shane Boese TFPQ Candidate

Re: Support Shane Boese TFPQ Candidate

The way i see things in this issue is cut and dry.
    Just ask what party will promise to resign and make sure it is binding that they will not ever while they are in power that the closures will not go ahead.
    Yo have to tie them down in a way they cannot ever go back on there word.
    This in my opinion but it is the only way you will win
    Troy

And are all the pigs fed, troy?

Are you talking about politicans Pinhead.
    Troy

No troy..it means..are all pigs fed and ready to fly cos pigs will fly before any politician does what you are suggesting.

Mitch,

you know you have my full support and I will be donating time to the cause on each of the next two weekends before the election and on the day of the election. I hope many others also stand up to be counted and put their hands up too.

How about it everyone? Are you prepared to help the fight for all of our angling rights?

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Pinhead, i know what you meant and you are most likely right however if you do get a party that bows to pressure and says there will be no more closures so does that mean you will vote for that party.
    Surely you can ask if they are to be trusted are they pepared to resign or forfeit a years salary if they go back on there word.
    I realy believe that pollies shoud be well and truly bound by there promises.
    When they cannot give an iron clad gaurantee then why vote for any of them.
    As stated above you are probably right and it is a shame that we can never trust them no matter which party they are.
    Troy

TROY

Pollie Spin
    If you watch them, politicians of any party will always answer questions the way they want (often without actually answering what was asked) and will always put a spin on it.
    You have to listen carefully to start with, but you'll pick it up fairly easily. For example:
    Question: Will taxes rise after the election?
    Answer: I can promise there will be no new taxes if we are elected.
    Sounds good doesn't it? But it isn't an answer to what was asked.
    The question was will taxes rise - that was ignored. Instead the old line of "no new taxes" was trotted out. That doesn't mean taxes won't rise, just that there won't be any new ones (probably).

There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingjew
    TROY

Pollie Spin
    If you watch them, politicians of any party will always answer questions the way they want (often without actually answering what was asked) and will always put a spin on it.
    You have to listen carefully to start with, but you'll pick it up fairly easily. For example:
    Question: Will taxes rise after the election?
    Answer: I can promise there will be no new taxes if we are elected.
    Sounds good doesn't it? But it isn't an answer to what was asked.
    The question was will taxes rise - that was ignored. Instead the old line of "no new taxes" was trotted out. That doesn't mean taxes won't rise, just that there won't be any new ones (probably).

LOL..u got it mate..and if they want a new tax they introduce it and just call it a levy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Mitch,

you know you have my full support and I will be donating time to the cause on each of the next two weekends before the election and on the day of the election. I hope many others also stand up to be counted and put their hands up too.

How about it everyone? Are you prepared to help the fight for all of our angling rights?

Jeremy
    I think this was the original question as asked by Jeremy

if you guys still believe that you have any say on election day you are fools,sorry dont mean to be harsh just realistic.Pollies will promise anything to get your vote,that doesnt mean they come good on that promise.
    im disillusioned long time ago,if ya still have some faith good on ya .
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Cleveland - District Profile : 2006 State General Election

Electors Enrolled: Female: 14,788
    Male: 13,372
    Total: 28,160

Returning Officer: RYAN, Denis

Contact Numbers Physical Address Postal Address
    Phone: 1300 881 665 20 Burnett St
    WELLINGTON POINT QLD 4160 PO Box 946
    CLEVELAND QLD 4163
    Fax: (07) 3822 3469

Candidates:
    THOMAS, Robyn (The Greens)
    TRIM, Andrew (Liberal Party)
    BOESE, Shane
    WEIGHTMAN, Phil (Australian Labor Party)

hmmm Doesnt seems to say anything about the fishing party after his name does that mean his an independent candidate who try to get votes here by false statesments?
    George
    his story ready to tell,

i think this needs a bit of the old choppa influence,,,,,,,

don't laugh,,, i've been approached

does it really matter in the end whether the candidate has letters following his name?????

or is it more important to place the trust in him/her on carrying out there promises????????

and when we all look back on it,,,,,,how many pollies really do carry out there promises

this issue is important,,,,and yes to a rec fisho it may have more significance than the health/petrol/banana/immigrant/terrorist/cpi index/water restriction etc etc etc issues,,,

but when you have the power,,,,,thats when the game begins,,,

any way,,,the secret is out,,,,,2/9/06,,, being bound by work 6 days a week leaves my saturdays tied,,,

HOW ABOUT YOURS?????????????
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Hi Manchild. While this has been covered in past posts it is no doubt important to cover the issue you raised again.

Shane is a member of TFPQ and was, until his nomination, Chairman of the South Brisbane branch (our constitution requires his position to be resigned on pre-selection).

TFPQ has, in August, lodged all the nesessary documents required with the ECQ for registration as a political party in Qld (we are already registered Federally)...all with a view towards a Feb election (Like the premier always said).

We then got "caught short" by the snap poll.

As such Shane, & our other 3 candidates will be "Fishing Party endorsed Independants".

Run by TFPQ, paid for by TFPQ and standing for and on behalf of TFPQ its ideals, members and supporters.

Coreflutes, How To Votes and media will all carry our brand.

So no, he is not trying to get your votes under false pretences. TFPQ has been a victim of timing and is making the best fist of the situation given the circumstances.

KC

Thank you kc to clean it up .I should have been reading all the threads
    Thanks
    George
    his story ready to tell,