Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bundy Rally

Re: Bundy Rally

Maybe the hopeful ALP Bundaberg Candidate should have researched the locals fraternity, those that attended previous meetings on Zonings... she would have at least then known that bugga all changed from meeting one to the final or that local submissions didn't make the "consideration" table .....we were basically told it was all bedded down or that the Bundaberg area was hardest hit by zoning as far as reachable fishing areas (by joe average, his family or mates ) when compared to the big $$$$$$$$$$$ spots up north
    Guess sheeeeeeeeeeite really does flow downhill or in our case down the state and all this time I thought it flowed from George Street.

One can make a tarbrush response and hope it flys, Sonja, yours didn't it was like the Titanic ... a sunken wreck.... thanks for helping our cause!!!

PEOPLE POWER

THIRD PUBLIC PROTEST

GREAT SANDY MARINE PARK REZONING

The Third public protest is to be held next Wednesday night outside the Old Bundy Tavern from 6.30pm until 7pm.

The News Mail has invited all local politicians to a forum there from 7pm to 8.30pm. The night is being called "The Last Word" and we should make sure that ours is heard loud and strong.

As many people as possible should also attend this meeting. Telephone the News Mail on 4153 8555 to arrange your spot there.

This is our only chance to make ourselves heard by the Labor Party who have not attended any other rally.

Please on-forward this email to as many interested parties as you can. #The more people we have attend the meeting, the more our voice will be heard.

STOP THEM BASHING BUNDABERG!

Derek_Bullock

Quote Originally Posted by fishingmaddad
    PEOPLE POWER

THIRD PUBLIC PROTEST

GREAT SANDY MARINE PARK REZONING

The Third public protest is to be held next Wednesday night outside the Old Bundy Tavern from 6.30pm until 7pm.

The News Mail has invited all local politicians to a forum there from 7pm to 8.30pm. The night is being called "The Last Word" and we should make sure that ours is heard loud and strong.

As many people as possible should also attend this meeting. Telephone the News Mail on 4153 8555 to arrange your spot there.

This is our only chance to make ourselves heard by the Labor Party who have not attended any other rally.

Please on-forward this email to as many interested parties as you can. The more people we have attend the meeting, the more our voice will be heard.

STOP THEM BASHING BUNDABERG!

YOU ARE TO LATE GUYS ............... IT BECAME LAW TODAY. THE GREEN ZONES ARE IN.

CHECK IT OUT AT http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/projects/p...k=1&parkid=247

I am confused, at the Rally last saturday we were told that the government could not push ahead with closures on the Bundy foreshore because the election had been brought forward and they were running with a skeleton staff. Yet as I flicked through the above site I saw in black and white Barolin Rocks one of the three beaches concerned, so does this mean that they are up to their old tricks.

They really don't care about the public opinion, complain as you like but we will do as we like, seems to be their motto. The meetting is still on at the Bundy Tavern and for the first time the lobor candidate is going to show ,not that she will tell us much because she seems to know less than us.

Maybe the horse has bolted and is reversal an option?
    The whole way this has been managed really does suck!!

Derek_Bullock

Mate I dont know who was your organiser but this was announced by the Govt Months ago. Do a search on old posts on here and you will see.

Once again the fishing folk of Qld have been shafted.

Derek

Derek, I think we need a better organiser but it does seem that we have got some contradictions going on here. One day it was yes it is all go for the end of the month and then no and now it's all go again! I should say GONE!

You are right about the shafted bit.

Thanks for the info Derek.

So much for demorcracy in Qld .

New Legislation by a government in caretaker government mode = established parlimentary conventions thrown out the back door -
    check out the http://www.premiers.qld.gov.au/About...r/conventions/

Shafted yet again by B/S from George Street.

Maybe the loss of a few currently "safe seats" might get their attention !!!
    They affect us with their lack of local consultation !!!! It seems to me it's about time the shoe was on the other foot on polling day .... bring it on ... I Fish I Vote !!!!!

Come on All those that attended Last Saturday...Show your Support to the Brisse Rally !!!

RE Brissie and Moreton Bay Closures - BEWARE OF THE SPIN DOCTOR !!!!

Caretaker Government Conventions mean nought to he and his TEAM they still bring in legislation contary to established and accepted principles.

Consultation <- Definition according to the Caretaker Premier .... Its My Way or it's My Way either way Mr Average Fisherperson your screwed !!!!

Stick it to them BRISSIE ....GO the Fishing Party Candidate

Derek,
    Just wish the government would give us poor fishing folk a kiss .... its the least they could do while the continue to shaft us.

The 3rd Rally night in Bundy & attended finally by Team Beattie Candidates was a RIP (short for REST IN PEACE) GOOD FISHING BUDDIES.

Neither ALP Candidate for either Bundaberg or Burnett gave a comittment to take on board our cause nor bring to the attention of the overlords in Brisbane the socially injust zoning processes or incorrect GPS points posted that Bundaberg Region has been subjected to. >

In fact a simple yes or no response was even TOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD TO ELICIT.

To our fishing compatriots down BRISSIE way fight hard, fight loud and make your Votes mean something this weekend.

Ministerial Forums with the Minister for the Environment via your local state members may well be the next avenue to get consultation .

They may try to IGNORE US NOW, BUT LIKE A FESTERING SORE WE WILL BE NOT IGNORED LONGTERM !!!!

Following the 3rd Rally night in Bundy :

Some most excellent advice was offered after the rally by a gent and his wife who took the time to come over and chatted with ziggy, his good lady and me (who were discussing the lack of responses ) in order to find out more about the fishing zones closures. Their advice was to utilise MINISTERIAL FORUMS !
    This advice was based upon past actions on their part and lead to subtle but direct pressure and a required action path by the RESPONSIBLE MINISTER.
    This is effected by writing your local state members & utilising them by having them convey your issue in writing to the responsible Minister and lead to meet, discuss and resolve the issue at hand forum. This puts the responsible minister on the proverbial “ParlimentarySpot” in that they actually have to respond to each and every one received.

If as it looks & the pollsters are correct, team Beattie will romp in the Election & the next avenue to get consultation may well be Ministerial Forums with the Minister for the Environment via your local state members

A threefold increase in Great Sandy Straits Marine Park has taken place under a Caretaker Government (so much for previously accepted Conventions for Caretaker Governments) - YES THREEFOLD

They may try to IGNORE US NOW, BUT LIKE A FESTERING SORE WE WILL BE NOT IGNORED LONGTERM !!!!

WE FISH, WE VOTE AND WE DEMAND SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE SCIENTIFICALLY BASED DECISIONS WITH MEANINGFUL LOCAL CONSULTATION NOT BACKDOOR DEALS WITH ENVIRONMENTAL ZEALOTS.

This is Ziggy's other half. At the meeting last night the Labor candidates had a cheering squad, they made a lot of noise when the Labor members did their speech, and suprise suprise when the coalition did their speech they laughed and yelled "lies, all lies". Now that is the pot calling the kettle black if you ask me

Little or no interest in the fishing closures from the Labor Party. But one Labor member did say she took her daughter fishing at Elliot Heads. When someone asked if she caught anything she said yes (she would say that) but did not tell us if it was a toadfish or grinner.... The coalition did very well. They expressed their concerns about many different issues, they have some great ideas and want to scrap the present closures and start again, only this time with science - true science - Not Beattie science from You No Fish Land. One thing I did get from the meeting was that the Labor Party used to be their for the working man/womon, they have made some big changes over the years and are now no longer for the working people. Most people who fish also work.

It was a pleasure to meet fishingmaddad at the meeting and we are pleased he is on our side, he is a top bloke.

Election is Over - The Batlle over ZONINGS Closures isn't .... Contact your lOCAL STATE MEMBER IN WRITING stating your objections and request they contact the Responsible Minister namely the Minister for the Environment requesting a Ministerial Forums ... This method can work very effectively in gaining audience and actions by the one who can make things happen, not a poor public servant who has to do their job even though they may not agree with the policy.

Well done to all trying to get the message out there.