Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $21,000 pay rise

Needmorerum

Re: $21,000 pay rise

Here, Here. Very well put.

jace,,, i paid my time in responding to allow any further comments,,, none so far,,

so now its my time,,,

with ABSOLUTE HONESTLY,,, (even after my recent bought of sickness,,,,,8 months in hospital)

i don't go to work for less than a 1000.00 week,,, that by the way is 6 days,,, on avererage 12-13 hrs,,each and every bloody day,,,

then add in travel,,, i live a stones throw from you,, work in currimundi

prior to that ,,,i still lived here,,, worked in aspley,, for 6 years

don't take me the wrong way,,, each to their own,,,, i love my job,,, even though if invited me to a bbq,,, or a quick drink after work,,, i still think

sh&6 ,,, wife,,,, 4 kids,,,, chopjr,,,,, then again CHOPJR

you worked those conditions,,, and yes as you stated,,, you still worked there

all what i'm saying mate is simple,,,,,,take any condition of work,,,,

if you plug it,,, you'll defend it

once your outside of it,,,, you'll crap all over it,,

trust me,, i see & read a lot of responses to threads from BOSSES,,,, i'll do this,,,i'll do that,,
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

christ corey,,, i wait 6 days,,, and you post just before me

again i say STRONGLY,,,, those who work in those conditions,,,, get paid

work 2 k's,,, 5's,,, 100'ks underground,, read your contract before you sign it,,,,,,,,,,,,

i love how it was stated 47% tax,,,now not saying that isn't true,,, but how much did ya clear,,, and what did ya claim

i claim,,, travel,,, signage,,,office,,,etc etc etc etc

16 replies,,,,,,,,,,,,370 views,,,,,,,makes ya wonder
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

i agree choppa, being a pollie would be the worst job ever. can you imagine the number of irrational people (including the media) they must have to deal with every day. it'd be absolutely krap, every way you turn there's someone waiting to mug ya.

crazy thing is, they must love it because most of them are fairly well educated (accountants, lawyers etc.) and would probably earn way more money out in the general population anyway ......... the idiots

Quote Originally Posted by rough_shag
    Struth!! come off it choppa,most working people could list plenty of disadvantages of their jobs but that doesn't entitle 'em to payrises out of step with the rest of us.Poor buggers in the media spotlight eh-imagine what they'd get up to if they weren't scrutinised! it's bad enough trying to keep 'em honest now.
    Sorry mate but it burns me when some of these silver tails talk about 'hard work',I didn't see any of these types when I was in the middle of nowhere, 2klms underground covered in poisonous slurry drilling rock in 45 degree heat 14hrs a stretch for 2 weeks straight paying 47% tax(thats one week for me one for the govt). Same goes for the media whore actors who use the media to gain celebrity/millions of dollars and then cry and whinge about having no privacy-poor buggers what a hard life eh.No self respecting hard working man/woman should waste one skerric of sympathy for these bludgers-it's the priveleged life they chose and they can quit anytime they want....but of course then they'd have to do genuine productive work or sit back on their fat super payouts etc.Jace.
    mate..you chose being down some hole in the ground..same as others choosing politics or acting or whatever profession they choose. As for the comment about "hard work"..hard work does not necessarily mean physical work...I would not like the responsibility of making decisions that affect the entire nation..be open to scrutiny every time you move..pass on that. Some of the hardest "physical work" I have seen is also some of the most mindless work..repetitious dribble...I do not call that hard work..all that is, is making the body tired...anyone can do that. I don't begrudge anyone what they earn...if they are happy doing it..good luck to them.

co-co

My question is why do I have to pay?

I wouldnt mind paying less tax and putting it back in my pocket rather than giving it to polis.