Thread: Maybe its time

Maybe its time

Ok dont shoot me
    As we all know most fisherman care about the envoiroment and the other thing we all know is the GREENS are very well support with membership and dollars.
    We are also aware that post people are a little apathetic to a cause. The most outstanding place this is appent is at meetings like AGM's.
    So my thoughts are that fisherpeople being envoiromently aware as we are, on mass join up with a polictical wing of the greens and with numbers as member we could change the policy of the now ever empowered greens, have members sit in the execitive changing the policy direction. Maybe the things dreams are made of but they already have what fledging parties dont, MONEY.
    Ok
    now open for debate
    cheers
    blaze

bidkev

Re: Maybe its time

Agreed Blaze, money talks, but wouldn't a better direction be in trying to help The Fishing Party enrich themselves? ................more members........more money. At least that way we'd all be going in the right direction and not expending energy getting involved in "in-fighting".

You only have to look at the Labout Party to see what factionalism has done to them. Looks like they're a spent force for years to come and all because of in-fighting and lack of cohesive leadership.

OTOH, it could be a good idea, as fishos within the ranks of the Greens would also factionalise the Greens and likely lead to their demise................"reds under the beds" sort of approach

kev

I cant disagree with any thing in what you say Kev
    cheers
    blaze

Quote Originally Posted by blaze
    Ok dont shoot me
    As we all know most fisherman care about the envoiroment and the other thing we all know is the GREENS are very well support with membership and dollars.
    We are also aware that post people are a little apathetic to a cause. The most outstanding place this is appent is at meetings like AGM's.
    So my thoughts are that fisherpeople being envoiromently aware as we are, on mass join up with a polictical wing of the greens and with numbers as member we could change the policy of the now ever empowered greens, have members sit in the execitive changing the policy direction. Maybe the things dreams are made of but they already have what fledging parties dont, MONEY.
    Ok
    now open for debate
    cheers
    blaze
    Sh!t Blaze, I cant believe you raised a political subject like this. Mate, ya know I am unable to resist political bantering and ridicule of parties such as mentioned. BUT, Its christmas and even the greens will escape me today at least. So Newby's 2 bobs worth is as follows
    1) Adding 10's of thousands of fisherpeoples (politically correct terminology) money to a party that wants to destroy everything we enjoy is nothing but suicide. You and I and every semi intelligent person knows they will use our money against us.
    2) The other radical policies that greens support would also get our financial aid.
    3) I would rather sell my boats and hang by my balls that support the 2 headed, hairy hippy throwbacks. (oops I said I wouldnt do that didnt I?)
    So, I am with Kev. Back the fishing party. Thing is, i dont even know if I have a party delegate in Gladstone so I dont know who to support and I am unaware of any meetings that have been held here that I can go to.
    1 thing in favour of that idea though mate, like they say, "Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer"
    In closing, I would be happy to help in ANY way that the fishing party needs using all my resources available to me. Just need to be asked thats all.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.