Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello from Alabama!

Re: Hello from Alabama!

Billy,

Our larger lakes here in BAMA (Pickwick,Wilson,Wheeler, and Guntersville) make up the Tennessee River chain all average over 1 mile wide, 2 in some places. Also, on top of the width they stretch more than the entire width of the state. So 500 boats sounds really crowded, but they can actually handle many more. Guntersville alone is over 1 mile wide and 40 miles long. Lay Lake, where the Marks Outdoors tournament is, is nowhere near as wide but is over 30 miles long from dam to dam. I guess I just can't get over the way it used to be. Getting to the lake 2 hours before daylight just to get a parking spot does get irritating.

Stumpy

ELLO STUMPY GREAT LOOKING RIDE
    SCHNAPPER72

Hey bloke how they hanging.Welcome to the site,she's a wild looking rig ya got there.Bugger competing with the crowds mate we don't get that much where I am.As for impoundments in North queensland they usually have plenty of water and ginormous barramundi and even mangrove jacks in one.You should come over for a look sometime should be something here to stretch your arms.

Everyone,

Thanks for the kind words!

If you ever get the chance to come over to this part of the world let me know I'll be more than happy to show you around and do a little fishing!

Casey B.

seafarer3

Hi Stumpy,

gIDAY mATE...

Welcome 7 HAPPY fast Fishing...by the look;s of that Speeding boat

Cheers sCOTT

Stumpy, gidday mate!
    I grew up and learned to fish in South Africa, similar impoundments, dams and river systems- might be lucky if you saw 4 boats on a lake over the weekend...
    Sigh... those were the days
    I spent some time over in the states a few years ago (Noo Yawk and Noo Joisee- for all my sins) and man I did n't realise you guys take your bassin so seriously! Had the good fortune of heading down to Nawlins for beer and fun- with some amazing LM Bass fishing thrown in too.
    We use a lot of Berkley soft plastics over here, and the rest of the stuff is locally made. I'd say Sp's are making big inroads but not quite outfishing natural bait.
    As far as hardware, I'd say our proximity to Asia has some amazing gear landing pretty cheaply here in Oz - Daiwa, Shimano, Okuma, a few American made Penns (sadly I believe American Penn reel production has ceased as of end of August) and Mitchells show up too...
    I reckon you should throw a cover over the boat, pack some shorts and hop on a plane mate. We'll show you what a good day on the water means...

Check this out everyone, a prankster taking the piss out off these serious bass fisho's over there *FUNNY AS PISS*

Jim,

Please don't hold "Chigger" against all of us! He's a good guy and as funny as a person can be. He was on a Saturday morning TV show on ESPN called BassTech. He was the comic relief. Not a real fisherman, but a real good guy.

Casey

He is a total looney, but I do like the boat. Could probably make Moreton in about 5 min provided the wind was 0. It would also make chasing cobia around the bay a breeze.

Kel

Bundy_Burp

Sometimes it helps to be a few cans short of a slab .
    Especially at the speeds some of those boats can do

Bundy

G,day Stumpy HAVAGOODWEEKEND and remember the airoguard ,

"DAD SAYS YOU SEE MORE WHEN YOU GO FAST" from the movie THE CASTLE you should get it out on video real aussie humou r

TREKSMURF