Thread: "Quite Bush Spots" for Christmas - New Year

"Quite Bush Spots" for Christmas - New Year

Hi all,

I know I am pushing my luck but between Christmas and New Year (not inclusive) the Madman family are intending to camp on Moreton with no 4x4 but via boat for two days and given we have purchased a new Nissan Patrol were considering having a bash in the bush to give us a bit of variety.

Is there a place out there (I am sure there are heaps of them) that is family friendly that has access to a fresh water creek where there are no wierdo's. I like to give the kids (9 and 5) a walkie talkie and do what I did when I was their age with no REAL threats and worries.

Any travel time within two hours of Brisbane would be good but if the right spot appeared we would go there.

Booloomba Creek ( near Kenilworth) has alway been a favourite of mine and we may go there if no other ideas pop up.

If there are any other Ausfishers interested in the same idea lets meet up.

Cheers

Mark

Re: "Quite Bush Spots" for Christmas - New Year

Madman1,
    First gidday, we go to Turtle Sands Caravan Park at Mon Repos for the break over Xmas. Great for the kids 11,11 and 13. Safe surf beach and an inlet at the southern end of the beach. Not exactly quiet at this time of year but a great place for the kids (and us) to unwind and relax...
    Good fishing nearby or of the beach at the park.

Cheers.

Hey madman,

I posted in fellas thread about a private property not far from the sunshine coast, rocks pools etc.. Its not a public place and only respectful people are welcome which sounds like yourself, word of mouth by friends only.

He has recently built toilets and showers for the punters.

He is a good mate of mine and if your interested i can give him a call or talk to him next time i am there and see what he says. Its a cattle farm but borders national park.

Cheers

Dan

Not sure if there is such a place as a quiet camping spot between xmas and new year. Ive stayed out at Flannagans and Bigriggen out Rathdowney way before and these are both comfy camping spots with mostly families staying, which sounds like what you're looking for. Not sure about 4wd tracks out there though.

Make sure you go to Moreton well before new year because the dregs that walk onto the barge and stumble/fall off at Bulwer for the new years celebrations must be seen to be believed.

Cheers Kev

hi madman1 . sandy creek camping is a great spot near kilcoy , great camping area, grass, shade, toilet block with hot showers morning and night (wood fire fed) some good relativly safe 4x4 tracks to try out. (watch out for THE HOLE on the track marked "deep gully" WOOPS).

with a bit of rain the creek would be good to cool down in.(can get hot in the gully in summer) i posted a mud map to it recently to someone else who enquired. good luck my 2 kids love it there.

hey bubble . i totally agree with "turtle sands" been going there since i was 10 with my parents and now i take my kids (scary thought that).

my best childhood and teenage and i guess adult times were spent there. highly recommended.................

Madman
    You could look at a place called Gordon Country.
    We spent Easter up there and beats Flannagens hands down.
    There is fresh water.as much firewood as you can cut.along with a few good 4WD tracks

http://www.around-oz.com/lifestyle_m...on_country.htm

There was plenty of water in the creek at easter but may be worth a call to see if it is still running

Levuka is a station via woodenbong about 2 hrs drive - 4wd park, but run by a family.
    Spent last new years down there and didn't hear a thing. Good facilities, but i suspect it would be dry at the moment like anywhere else.

I like the idea of a 'controlled' environment with the kids for new year 'cause you never know who'll be camping at the national parks etc - by that i mean drunken doof doofin' knobheads that seem to turn up next to us wherever we camp these days.
    nil carborundum illegitimi

I'll vote for levuka as well !!! Great spot!

Ian

Have a look... www.levuka.com.au
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Thanks for the info guys I will look further into it and let you all know which way i may head.

_Dan_ can you send me some more details re your mates property.

My parents go to a private place down the coast which sound very similary to your mates property but I dont know whether there is any running water.

Anything is better than sitting at home.

Cheers again.

Mark

Bubble - I spent pretty much every xmas at Mon Repos growing up. What a fantastic place!!! But jeeeez it's changed!!!

We used to harass the tourists with all the cameras, by putting garbage bags on and filling them up with sand, then sliding out of the water like turtles as it was just dark. They used to come running for miles taking photos, and then we'd jump up yelling "RAAAARRRR!!!!!"

Never seen so many people crap themselves at once!

Ratbags of kids we were!